Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Complete Continuity Match-Up Checklist: from Baxter to Levitz Relaunch (revised) (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: The Complete Continuity Match-Up Checklist: from Baxter to Levitz Relaunch (revised)
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
Take it for what it's worth but in his Newsarama interview Levitz gives us a pretty good idea how many years have elapsed since we last saw "his Legion."

Quote:
"I mean, I could have a handbook showing — I said it was 26 — so I could just say, "Here are the 26 and what I envision about the order in which they joined and the continuity of the last five years since the last time thing(s) went on. . But a little bit of decoding is fun."

[ September 24, 2010, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Tromium ]

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*removed*

[ May 07, 2011, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
Minor updates for Legion of Three Worlds--basically non-retcon events that needed to be mentioned. Deaths of other Legions' members, name of Saturn Queen, Garth's body in the reboot. Also noticed that Sarya was named, which means that the Emerald Empress in L3W is not the new one.
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
While we're at it, does anyone know what the deal is with the destruction of all the Green Lanterns in Legion of Three Worlds? It wasn't done by Superboy-Prime (who killed 55 in the 21st century, not the whole sert in the 31st) and the Legionnaires react as though it's a recent event.
Ken Arromdee
Active

Added the revelation that Daxamites live hundreds of years (Superman Secret Files 2009). Amazing how I keep finding this stuff.
future king
Excuse me but can you please direct me to the La Brea Tar Pits in Los Angeles?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for future king   Email future king         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Arromdee:
While we're at it, does anyone know what the deal is with the destruction of all the Green Lanterns in Legion of Three Worlds? It wasn't done by Superboy-Prime (who killed 55 in the 21st century, not the whole sert in the 31st) and the Legionnaires react as though it's a recent event.

This event hasn't happened yet in regular continuity. I think this was meant as a set-up for a future Geoff Johns GL project.
From: ontario | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*removed*

[ May 07, 2011, 12:42 PM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
Rokk was talking about his mother in spirit. Just because she's dead that doesn't mean he doesn't feel that she can't forgive him. I know from experience that your relationship with your mother doesn't end when she dies. Since my mother's death, I have asked her to forgive me for things I've done both before and after she died.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
As EmeraldEmpress pointed out on another thread

If the Magic Wars happened...the Sorceress World was destroyed.
Where are now Mysa and Blok?

--------------------
"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evolution Has Failed
Two more armpits than Atmos!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Evolution Has Failed   Email Evolution Has Failed         Edit/Delete Post     
Addressing only continuity issues with the most recent #6:
1) First of all, while I like jimgallagher's perfectly reasonable explanation for it, I have to say that for the comment from Cos about his mother, it feels like he (Paul Levitz) just forgot that she was dead. That issue was a loooong time ago.

Goes to show it's important for us readers to help PL out and give him feedback... if I am right, then once he realizes the error, I'm sure he won't exacerbate the problem further, and then jim's explanation can stand.... but if 5 issues later she actually showed up, well, then, forget it.

2) A big one I'm surprised no one else has mentioned: we have another Chemical manipulator from Phlon?!?... but as I recall, CKing's powers were unique to him (he was "a mutant"), not shared by everyone on his planet. Unless the new guy is somehow a descendant, the coincidence is hard to believe (...well, unless you explain that all Phlon-ians have a dormant "chemical manipulating" gene that is easily turned on by mutation, and/or that there is some reason the Phlon-ians are being selected for that trait, so it is a form of evolution.)

3) FINALLY, regarding the old Karate Kid continuity issue... I have to admit, I'm behind on some of my comic reading (i.e. I've only skimmed Countdown) and even more so on my remembering [Smile] , but doesn't the 5-word phrase uttered in this issue by Jeckie, "pulled from some parallel world", constitute the explanation that has been missing for who the KK who died in Countdown (and I guess appeared in Lightning Saga) was? Still doesn't say WHICH parallel world...

--------------------
"I like stuff that doesn't exist."

From: Old Lyme, CT | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

*removed*

[ May 07, 2011, 12:43 PM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

--------------------
gone

jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Wow, scarey capital letters on DEAD and DEATH there. That must PROVE that you're RIGHT and I'm WRONG.

Pol would not have to forgive Rokk because Pol basically committed suicide and Rokk wasn't there to stop him anyway.

What's really happening is Rokk is punishing himself with survivor guilt, which makes him feel like he can't be forgiven.

--------------------

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

*removed*

[ May 07, 2011, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

--------------------
gone

jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Man, you're stingier than Mrs. Krinn on the forgiveness.

Lighten up. This is a comic book. Save your venom for something more vemon-worthy.

Just as Rokk's mother's "voice" prevented him from murdering her killers, it is now making him feel responsible for his brother's death. Is that such a stretch?

--------------------

gone
gone

*removed*

[ May 07, 2011, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

--------------------
gone

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.