Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » The Legion of Super-Heroes » The Complete Continuity Match-Up Checklist: from Baxter to Levitz Relaunch (revised) (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  25  26  27   
Author Topic: The Complete Continuity Match-Up Checklist: from Baxter to Levitz Relaunch (revised)
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
What? He's got a conscience, honors his mother's memory, and feels responsible for his little brother and that makes him a nutjob?

Have you even met Cosmic Boy? Of COURSE he feels responsible. Of COURSE he blames himself. Of COURSE he feels guilty.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*removed*

[ May 07, 2011, 12:54 PM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Why is that? Some people do believe in an afterlife you know. We've seen Ferro Lad's ghost and Lyle's ghost is off having an affair with that Myla ghost in that other dimension. Ultra Boy married Tinya's ghost in the reboot. There are other ghosts in the DCU, such as Deadman. Why can't Mrs. Krinn be one of them?

--------------------

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
Yes. Unless Levitz is going to start portraying Cos as a nutjob... which I supose he could be planning.

No, it isn't. My mother "talks" to her dead mother all the time. When I visit my grandmothers grave, I still "talk" to her. Sorry,but it just sounds like you don't like Paul Levitz. Thats fine. Its your right to like or dislike whomever you feel like. But I for one am glad that a writer such as Paul has come to the legion in order to lift them from the malais that has taken hold over the years. And given that over the last 20 years he has shepherded the entire DCU and not just one book, yeah, I do think its possible to forgive a few gaffs here and there and not dwell on them

Sorry, man, but you are starting to come across as a hater. This is a cool place. Leave the hate to the DC boards. Its okay to disagree or even dislike, but there are ways to state that without coming across as bitter or a zealot.

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gone   Author's Homepage   Email gone         Edit/Delete Post     
*removed*

[ May 07, 2011, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

--------------------
gone

From: gone | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Thank you, Rickshaw!

So stop putting your money down, I am Legion. No one's forcing you to.

--------------------

gone
gone

*removed*

[ May 07, 2011, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

--------------------
gone

gone
gone

*removed*

[ May 07, 2011, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

--------------------
gone

KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Silver Age Lad:
As EmeraldEmpress pointed out on another thread

If the Magic Wars happened...the Sorceress World was destroyed.
Where are now Mysa and Blok?

Seems as if "Sorcerer's World" is a title given to whichever (or "witchever") planet the Mystic Council (?) deems seat of power for the magical community.

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
I wonder where Sorcerer's World is now?

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rickshaw1
Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rickshaw1   Email rickshaw1         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Iam Legion:
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:
[No, it isn't. My mother "talks" to her dead mother all the time. When I visit my grandmothers grave, I still "talk" to her. Sorry,but it just sounds like you don't like Paul Levitz. Thats fine. Its your right to like or dislike whomever you feel like. But I for one am glad that a writer such as Paul has come to the legion in order to lift them from the malais that has taken hold over the years. And given that over the last 20 years he has shepherded the entire DCU and not just one book, yeah, I do think its possible to forgive a few gaffs here and there and not dwell on them

Sorry, man, but you are starting to come across as a hater. This is a cool place. Leave the hate to the DC boards. Its okay to disagree or even dislike, but there are ways to state that without coming across as bitter or a zealot.

See my post above and then continue here....
I don't hate Mr. Levitz. I don't Love Mr. Levitz. I don't Like or Dislike Mr. Levitz. I do not know Mr. Levitz and could care less what kind of person he is or isn't (had this dicussion before and am really tired of it so I hope this ends any confussion on where I stand). I am only interested in the writing and if I think it is bad (or even just mediochre) I will say so. If I use the writer's name, it is only because it has been publicized enough that I happen know it. If I mention any facts/rummors about the writer, again it is only because so many other people have been talking about it that the name stuck. In a few instances when there were contradictions, I pulled out the older book to see if it was the same writer. Contradicting another writer is one thing, contradicting yourself is another and in my oppinion much worse because I do think that no matter how many different books you work with you should have a basic knowledge of the history of any given book you are currently working on and should take the time to check your 'facts' if you are not 100% sure of them.
As for the DC boards and 'haters', the biggest Haters there are the Mods and DC themselves. I called them on their practice of routinely deleting any post that had 'Gay' in it reguardless of the content of the posts. Not only was I banned and my IP blocked, but the IP's of 2 relatives that I had posted from once each previous to my banning were also blocked and their accounts banned. even my work IP has been blocked. So please do not talk to me about 'Haters' when you haven't the slightest experience of what a real 'hater' is.

[b] Well kid, its like this. I've been around a long time. And I've watched the (I'll be generous here) passionate like you come and go. You are absolutely right in your convictions... in your mind. Everyone else is wrong and you are the lone gunman that has the courage to stand up to black bart when the town chickens out.

And thats juvenile.

Ya see, part of being a society, a group, is not following the herd mentality, but being adult enough to say what needs to be said in a constructive manner, showing respect to those that have earned it, and realizing that others just aren't as perfect as you are and that they make mistakes.

You think Levitz is the first to make a mistake, even one based on something he has written in the past? Sorry, 'taint. Even the greatest of literary writers, the holy Wiggle Stick With A Pointed End himself had mistakes. And sometimes, things just change and adapt as time goes on. Piers Anthony wrote the Xanth books, I loved them as a teenager and on into my young adult years. And yet, after twenty some books, mistakes crept in. Marvel had their infamous "No Prize".

And lemme tell ya, I've been involved in battle on the DC boards that make you little banning seem like a gnat fart in a hurricane. Go ask about the name rickshaw1 on the firestorm boards.

So, maybe, just maybe, I might have some knowledge of that on which I speak.

I will say this, in the past, people that have followed the path you are heading down here became highly dissatisfied with their experience here, and made it a place where others weren't happy as well. It did not end nicely at the end of that path. There are ways to make a point nicely, and then there are ways to make a point that leave a bad taste in people's mouths. As one of the few conservatives here, I spark things off on occasion, but I always try to remember that this isn't just a place I visit, It's a place I call cyberhome. And I try not to crap on my sofa, dig?

No one is saying for you to shut up. They are saying you are becoming offensive and nasty in some places, and need to pull your horns in enough to make your point without the nastyness.

Now, you can be offended at this and reply nasty, or leave in a huff, or a myriad of other options that are unpleasant, or you can take a day, think about things and realize, no one here has said shut up. They have asked for a bit more civility towards not only the creators that come here, but in a reflected manner, to the people that visit here.

Your choice, but just remember, you don't control who posts here, the mods do. This ain't my forum, but by now I would have asked you to show a little more respect. If not...

--------------------
Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!

From: South Carolina | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by rickshaw1:

You think Levitz is the first to make a mistake, even one based on something he has written in the past?

I just don't get it. Do you think Levitz made a mistake or not?
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

*removed*

[ May 07, 2011, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

--------------------
gone

Ken Arromdee
Active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ken Arromdee   Email Ken Arromdee         Edit/Delete Post     
Edited again. Mostly for Supergirl Annual #2, also mentioned that the Legion vote shows a membership slightly different from #4 (Chameleon Girl in, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad out).
Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gone
gone

*removed*

[ May 07, 2011, 01:08 PM: Message edited by: Iam Legion ]

--------------------
gone

This topic comprises 27 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  25  26  27   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.