Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The Origin of ... (Page 15)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Origin of ...
jafabian
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! Thanks for the link! I love your rendition of Julie! The Batman TV series may be campy, but you can't deny Julie Newmar was a terrific Catwoman.

You've got to slip this into your issue as well. Man, these requests have got to be getting old on you. You won't have any room for any of the Legion!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
Jafabian urged:

<< You've got to slip this into your issue as well. >>

Now, you've got to admit that shoehorning this Catwoman/Robin/Harley drawing into the backgrounds of an issue of Legion is a pretty big challenge ... but those Skreaks ... that just might be doable.

Steve

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, everyone, hear's what I'm thinking ...

We've said a lot during the course of this thread, and I'd like to keep it going.

So, I suggest that we keep it alive as the primary connection between me and Legion readers here on the DC Message Boards.

So, if you have a question or comment that you want to make sure that I read, please post it here.

Now, to get things started, I'll propose a topic that everyone should be able to get into ...

I've been noticing that there is a continued interest in Legion couples. People are interested in what might be happening between Apparition and Ultra Boy ... and Saturn Girl ... and maybe even Timber Wolf. Are Dreamer and Star Boy destined to be an item?

From the beginning, there have been Legion couples, like ...

Saturn Girl & Lightning Lad
Mon-El & Shadow Lass
Timber Wolf & Light Lass
Dream Girl & Star Boy
Dawnstar & Wildfire
Brainiac 5 & Supergirl
Duo Damsel & Bouncing Boy
Shrinking Violet & Lightning Lass
Etc.

Now, in current continuity, we've had relationships between Saturn Girl & Livewire, Dreamer and Star Boy ... Does this mean that other famous Legion couples from before the reboot will end up together in current continuity? Are Valor and Umbra destined to be soul mates? Will Karate Kid end up wooing a snake?

I'm figuring that things may go a little differently this time around. As I'm drawing the Umbra issue I find myself thinking that she'd look good with Timber Wolf. You know, they could make an interesting couple. There's lots of potential for intriguing character interaction in those two.

Are there current Legionnaires that you think might find a mutual attraction, or a moment of lust?

Who should be with whom, and why?

Should Dreamer and Star Boy go their seperate ways?

Any thoughts?

Steve Lightle

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
Saturn Girl & Brainy:
I've always thought the two of them would make a good match. She's certainly intelligent enough for him to find attactive and her telepathy would sure be useful in figuring him out when he has one of his episodes.

Lyle & Jan:
I've always felt the two of them were, well...umm...you know "card carrying members" of the same club and would make a good pairing. If you can do Vi & Ayla, you should be able to do these two (particularly after the Shavaughn Erin plot line way back when)

Mon & Dawnstar:
Both are natural explorers in a sense & love the open expanses of the universe. They could eventually take off to experience the beauty of far flung galaxies

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vee
Still smoooooth!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vee   Email Vee         Edit/Delete Post     
BTW, I also find your suggestion of T Wold and Shady very intriguing

Also, thanks for your continuing willingness to participate on these boards and for seeking input from all of us. I think it's terrific that you are willing to do so.

V

--------------------
"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"

From: Paragon City on patrol | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Gotta admit, I most always thought that the relationships amongst the active members was distracting and generally not well done.

Stereotypically, the male ego "protecting" the female. The female getting upset. The male ego getting upset when "shown up." Bash Bash, ya da ya da, nothing ever new or imaginative.

The better view of those relationships, for me, occurred as they moved away from active membership. Val and Projectra, Monel and Shady touring the Universe, Imra-Garth on Winath, DD-BB at the Academy. The couples worked together. Truly the whole became stronger than the parts.

Legion relationships that did work for me, were those with people outside but connected to the Legion. Gim-Yera, Dirk-Shaun, Quislet-Quislet [Smile]...

So I guess, call me a no vote to Umbra-T-Wolf.

BTW, It never occurred to me that wearing green fishnet underwear and a yellow cape might be something that I would want to do until I saw your drawing of Julie, Harley, and Robin.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Varalent:
Saturn Girl & Brainy:
I've always thought the two of them would make a good match. She's certainly intelligent enough for him to find attactive and her telepathy would sure be useful in figuring him out when he has one of his episodes.

AND Imra fulfills that 'powerful blonde' profile that Brainy's so attracted to (assuming that finally meeting his evil mama hasn't changed that... which is certainly possible).

I'd like to see Brainy and Umbra together- a potentially volatile match that also has a (mostly) unexplored preboot precedent.

quote:
Lyle & Jan:
I've always felt the two of them were, well...umm...you know "card carrying members" of the same club and would make a good pairing.

I recently reread Jan's 'origin' issue and was struck by how similar the pattern of Invisible Kid following Jan to Roxxas' spaceship was to the initial romantic 'origins' of Ultra Boy/Phantom Girl, Shrinking Violet/Duplicate Boy and Light Lass/Lone Wolf.

So I think this would be a great idea-- if Jan ever returns to current continuity as a hero (boy, do I hope so...).

quote:
Mon & Dawnstar:
Both are natural explorers in a sense & love the open expanses of the universe. They could eventually take off to experience the beauty of far flung galaxies

I like this idea, too-- if nothing else, M'on and Dawnstar should be great friends.

I'd like to see Lar Gand, the man from the past, pair up with Dreamer, the woman who sees the future. At least for a storyline all their own, even if there aren't any romantic overtures.

TN

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mystery Lad   Email Mystery Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Saturn Girl & Brainy:

AND Imra fulfills that 'powerful blonde' profile that Brainy's so attracted to (assuming that finally meeting his evil mama hasn't changed that... which is certainly possible).

I'd like to see Brainy and Umbra together- a potentially volatile match that also has a (mostly) unexplored preboot precedent.

quote:
Lyle & Jan:
I've always felt the two of them were, well...umm...you know "card carrying members" of the same club and would make a good pairing.

I recently reread Jan's 'origin' issue and was struck by how similar the pattern of Invisible Kid following Jan to Roxxas' spaceship was to the initial romantic 'origins' of Ultra Boy/Phantom Girl, Shrinking Violet/Duplicate Boy and Light Lass/Lone Wolf.

So I think this would be a great idea-- if Jan ever returns to current continuity as a hero (boy, do I hope so...).

quote:
Mon & Dawnstar:

I like this idea, too-- if nothing else, M'on and Dawnstar should be great friends.

I'd like to see Lar Gand, the man from the past, pair up with Dreamer, the woman who sees the future. At least for a storyline all their own, even if there aren't any romantic overtures.

TN

From: Knoxville, TN | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mystery Lad
Advisor

Sorry for the double-post, but I guess it's sort of appropriate for a segment of a thread dealing with couples...[Smile]

I'd like to join the others in thanking you for posting here, Steve.

I enjoy your Legion work *very* much, and I like hearing the 'behind the scenes' info you're sharing. As well as your ideas- which are intriguing.

ToddN.

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I tend to think Brin/Umbra and Brainy/Imra, as couples, are too similar to each other.
They share the same weaknesses.
Brin and Umbra are impulsive and violent and physically oriented (bet they'd have a great affair with a miserable and angry break-up).
Brainy and Imra are emotionally withdrawn, self motivated & self involved, considering themselves outside of the norm and their people.
(He's too immature for her, as well. Imra likes 'big hunks', post-boot.)

From my perspective, Imra and Brin would make an interesting couple. He's so 'now' and she's so 'think it over'.
(I'd kind of like Imra with the postboot Dirk, the future Sun Boy/Sunstorm/Firestorm, as an alternative.)

Umbra turned to Querl during the LOST. Not physically but mentally and spiritually.
She was afraid and he was there for her.
Many of her people are green, post-boot, as well.
If they don't become a 'couple', I'd still like her to choose him to be the father of her first child, which her ancestors were pushing her to have to replace the lineage, during LOST.
It would be interesting to see how he reacts to having a child that is almost immediately given over to the state to raise, the way Tasmia AND Querl were.
(I'm torn, because I'd like to see Lar and Tasmia together again, in the end, too.)
sigh

I think that Ayla and Cham have run their course, I'd like to see Cham turn to his best friend, Jeka, for comfort and a budding love.
One of the most unnatural story elements of the pre-DOA era was the two of them just becoming friends, IMO.

Just because Jan was bisexual, preboot, doesn't mean that he is postboot.
It would be interesting to see what he'd be like as an older teen, he was certainly wonderful in his hologram.

Personally, I'd like to see him with Jazmin.
Sort of Earth and Sky, together.
They just feel right, as a couple, to me.
(I'd like Jaz to have long, soft, Diana Ross hair, myself, to match his curls.)

Grey wants Dawny and Lar together.
If she's rebooted the way she was preboot, I don't know.
The two of them, as a couple, just doesn't work for me.

Shikari and Gates, yah!
(Gates needs to cocoon and emerge just a little more humanoid, I think, with wings, but keep the eyes, funny hair and tail.)
[Smile]

Zoe and Violet, yea!
Rond and Lori!
Nura and Lar sound spectacular together, too.

Truthfully, I'd like to see some more futuristic relationships, rather then just 'couples'.
On 'Enterprise', Dr. Phlox has 3 wives and they each have 2 other husbands.
[Smile]
That's a 'little' complicated, but many scifi stories explore alternate possibilities.

Shady

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
unregistered

Brin and Ayla were always my favorite Legion couple, and I'm still convinced that the Ayla-Vi thing was done as a slam on Timber Wolf, along with all that Furball nonsense.
OMEGA MAN
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lightle:
Funny that you should mention Julie Newmar ... If you want to see the only drawing I've ever done of Ms. Newmar, go to ...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArtPost/

You don't have to join the group to see the drawing. BTW, it also features a certain Boy Wonder and a girl named Harley.

Steve

Play the Gauntlet of Doom game ...http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/play/action/batman_gauntletofdoom/index.html

And check out Steve's animated interactive online Batman adventure ... http://www.onstaradventure.com/ba_comic.htm

Subscribe to ArtPost - send an E-mail addressed to: ArtPost-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

WOW! Great stuff, Steve. Man, I wish like hell that YOU were taking over the art chores full-time--- I don't mean to "diss" Walker, but his work just doesn't dazzle like you or Olly...[Frown]

OMEGA MAN
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lightle:
Funny that you should mention Julie Newmar ... If you want to see the only drawing I've ever done of Ms. Newmar, go to ...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArtPost/

You don't have to join the group to see the drawing. BTW, it also features a certain Boy Wonder and a girl named Harley.

Steve

Play the Gauntlet of Doom game ...http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/play/action/batman_gauntletofdoom/index.html

And check out Steve's animated interactive online Batman adventure ... http://www.onstaradventure.com/ba_comic.htm

Subscribe to ArtPost - send an E-mail addressed to: ArtPost-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

WOW! Great stuff, Steve. Man, I wish like hell that YOU were taking over the art chores full-time--- I don't mean to "diss" Walker, but his work just doesn't dazzle like you or Olly...[Frown]

OMEGA MAN
unregistered

I like the Cham/Spark relationship.
Michael C Lorah
unregistered

I like change too much. I can see keeping one pre-boot relationship intact, to carry some form of tradition through, and Jo and Tinya are married and parents, so they're elected (plus they got shafted pre-boot, so they can have it this time around).

Thom and Nura, Lu and Chuck, split 'em up.

I've always been partial to a Cosmic Boy - Spark (or Live Wire, as she prefers, but I didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea [Smile]) pairing. It's got a loose founders vibe, as Ayla is Garth's twin. Plus you've got the stable one-perky one dynamic.

Brin and Imra would be an interesting pairing, but one I can't quite see lasting.
M'On and Dreamy would be pretty interesting to see as well (plus they'd be the "pretty" couple [Smile])

I'd like to see Brainy with Shvaughn. I'm not really sure why, aside from I think of them as having a distant relationship, both with other responsibilities that come first, but their time together is very passionate and involved. Plus she could keep Brainy in line [Smile]

I still have a hard time seeing Kari with anybody from the Legion's universe. She's still too much an outside observer. I think she'd be happiest with another of the Kwai.

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.