Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Visionaries of Tomorrow » The Origin of ... (Page 13)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: The Origin of ...
Kid Prime
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Prime           Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Prowl's one of my favorite Transformers too! Right up there with Ironhide and Jazz... you go, guy!

--------------------
White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.

From: Birmingham, AL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
'Prowl' is nice, but I don't know why 'Catspaw' isn't useable.
That way, we might get a reappearance/rebooted version of her later.

Shady

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lightle:
By the way ...

How's it going, Lardy?

I just couldn't resist.

Steve

[swoon]

J-just fine, M-Mr. Lightle sir!

[Wink]

(Who says a little shameless hint-dropping never works!)

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowplay in Candlelight:
'Prowl' is nice, but I don't know why 'Catspaw' isn't useable.
That way, we might get a reappearance/rebooted version of her later.

Shady

Catspaw has appeared post-boot in LEGIONNAIRES #69 (Mar 99). She's on page 2 as one of the potential applicants for McCauley's Workforce. As well as "her counterpart" Lupine and Piston, a Tyrazzian whose power is in his armor.
Obviously, they didn't make the cut, but she's out there somewhere.

I'm starting to like Tiger Girl a lot.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle
15 minutes and counting ...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
I seem to recall considering Huntress as a possibility ...

But right now, I'm leaning towards Tiger Girl ... it just sounds so early Silver Age.

Steve

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Understood
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post     
~SCARLET CLAW

~FUZZY WUZZY

~FELINA HAIRBALL

[Smile]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
CAT LASS!

[Biggrin]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

SteveLightle

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveLightle   Email SteveLightle         Edit/Delete Post     
Whiskaz?

Ummm ... We may have to go back to referring to her as that bright red girl with the headband and tiger striped costume.

Steve

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Catspaw has appeared post-boot in LEGIONNAIRES #69 (Mar 99). She's on page 2 as one of the potential applicants for McCauley's Workforce.

So she is!
Thanks so much!
I had completely missed that.

And McCauley didn't 'adopt' Lori, Amilia became her 'foster parent'.
Maybe, she's not his rich inheritor.

As for red faced Tiger Girl ~ how about Kitara?
That's similar to a 'ThunderCats' name but I don't know if the spelling is the same.

Did somebody already mention Tigress?

Cat Lass is good, too, in a LLASHy kind of way.
[Smile]
Whiskaz!
[Biggrin]
Shady

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
draub
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for draub   Email draub         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
CAT LASS!

[Biggrin]

I'm with MLLASH on this one. One thing that's missing from the current Legion....the "Lass" monikers. Cat Lass or Tiger Lass would be so much more "Legion Silver Age" than Cat Girl or Tiger Girl [Smile]

Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle

Catless? Cutless?

I like the occasional use of the antiquated "Lass" ... but you have to be careful about the sound of it. Shadow Lass worked ... Lightning Lass worked ...

On the other hand, Tigress isn't bad ... but hasn't it been used a few times before? It's pretty hard to come up with a superhero code name that hasn't been used before ... nearly impossible, I've tried.

Steve

Quislet, Esq
Great Calamity Kittens!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quislet, Esq   Email Quislet, Esq         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Lightle:
Catless? Cutless?

I like the occasional use of the antiquated "Lass" ... but you have to be careful about the sound of it. Shadow Lass worked ... Lightning Lass worked ...

On the other hand, Tigress isn't bad ... but hasn't it been used a few times before? It's pretty hard to come up with a superhero code name that hasn't been used before ... nearly impossible, I've tried.

Steve

Well Quislet and Tellus seem pretty unique. Not sure if Steve came up with them or Paul Levitz did.

I still like "Tellus" as the code name for a telepath.

------------------

We'll be safe for now--thank goodness we're in a bowling alley

--------------------
Five billion years from now the Sun will go nova and obliterate the Earth. Don't sweat the small stuff!

From: Boston | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
armsfalloffboy
huh?

Icon 1 posted      Profile for armsfalloffboy   Email armsfalloffboy         Edit/Delete Post     
I suppose ***** Galore would be a little too off-color for the feline character? Not to mention trademarked....well, never mind.

--------------------
The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!

Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Well Quislet and Tellus seem pretty unique. Not sure if Steve came up with them or Paul Levitz did.

I still like "Tellus" as the code name for a telepath.

I beleive Steve said before that Paul came up with the names. Steve created the looks.

From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveLightle

Nightcrawler is partly correct. Except, I never claimed that my involvement in the creation of those two characters was limited to their designs.

Paul and I worked very closely to develop the details of our Legion creations. Although the characters of Tellus and Quislet were both initially proposed by me, the final names we settled on came from Paul. I can't remember all the different possibilities we went through. I do seem to remember Paul referring to, the character that came to be known by the name Quislet, as Starworm. Now, you tell me, just how do you tell someone as talented as Mr. Levitz, that the name he came up with sucks? I really worried over this one ...'cuz my new Legionnaire just couldn't be stuck with the name Starworm ... oh, no! I had suggested the name Dybbuk, which to the best of my understanding, means "mischievous spirit" in Hebrew. Well, I guess the name I proposed carried too much religious baggage with it. Apparently, Dubbuk has some negative aspects to it that are not easily summed up by the word mischievous. Well, Karen and Paul vetoed my suggestion, and I vetoed Starworm ... When Paul countered with Quislet, I had my doubts. I didn't want him cursed with the fate of a "Quisling." But, frankly, after Starworm, I think I was relieved to hear the name Quislet.

As for Tellus ... I remember someone suggested the name Mind-Monster ... which I was dead set against. If we were showing the Legion's acceptance of non-humanoid team members, the last thing we needed was to refer to them as monsters or worms. I wanted something that sounded more alien. I wanted it to seem that their code names might have originated from their individual cultures.

Since I already determined, to a great extent, the reasoning behind their abilities and their cultures, I was happy to defer to Paul on their names ... just so we didn't end up calling them Starworm and Mind-Monster.

I think that Tellus and Quislet have held up pretty well through the years.

Steve Lightle

Subscribe to ArtPost - send an E-mail addressed to: ArtPost-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Play the Gauntlet of Doom game ...http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/play/action/batman_gauntletofdoom/index.html

And check out Steve's animated interactive online Batman adventure ... http://www.onstaradventure.com/ba_comic.htm

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  24  25  26   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.