Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy) (Page 21)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy)
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Submission 47: JACQUES FOCCART / Invisible Kid II
 -

Top Row: Preboot (x2) / Post-Great Darkness (x2) / Magic Wars / Retroboot / DCNu
Bottom Row: TMK / Postboot / Animated Legion (x2)

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I think I like the simplicity of his first and postboot uniforms and I've never understood how someone who wants to be hidden would wear yellow.
[Confused]

I wonder what it would look like if the black and white were reversed, though?
Something a little like the TMK era's but maybe more interesting.

The Magic Wars outfit is certainly distinctive and beautiful.
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

With Jacques, I was surprised just how many variations he had. For example, I didn't realize how many differences between his Retroboot and DCNu outfit there were. I think that makes him one of the most tweaked Legion designs randomly aside from Mon, Jo, and the new kids. Likewise, I didn't realize how many different color and hair looks he had until his first mission (Great Darkness Saga) wrapped.

I really wish his official Legion animated model had a bigger screenshot somewhere. It looks like such an interesting design but something is lost in the small size and thus in my translation.

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I DID do the reverse I suggested.
It's on my micro thread if you're interested.

You make my life so much simpler!
[Yes]

--------------------

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candlelight:
I think I like the simplicity of his first and postboot uniforms and I've never understood how someone who wants to be hidden would wear yellow.
[Confused]

Maybe for the contrast? When he IS visible he wants to make sure he's noticed. [Smile] (More likely the artist feels this way than Jacques.)

quote:
I wonder what it would look like if the black and white were reversed, though?
Something a little like the TMK era's but maybe more interesting.

Looks fine, but maybe they shied away from it because back in the day Tyroc and Jacques were blessed exceptions from the then-cliche of black heroes wearing black and having "black" in their names.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Speaking of Tyroc, I always assumed Jacques' costume change from white/black to yellow/black was to differentiate him from Troy. Likewise with the streak in his hair.

Progress is being made on White Witch. She's about 75% done.

Future
The Present is Past

Submission 48: MYSA NAL / The Hag / White Witch / Jewel / Black Witch
 -

Top Row: The Hag / Adventure Era / White Witch (x2) / Retroboot / Black Witch / Glorithverse / Possessed / Post-Mordru / Jewel / Amethyst
Bottom Row: Postboot (x2) / Threeboot / Superboy's Legion / Animated Legion

Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
EEK!!! *huggles happily!!* LOVE THESE!!

--------------------
Lady Kat - The White Raven

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, I'd forgotten some of these. Bravo!

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whitelighter   Author's Homepage   Email Whitelighter         Edit/Delete Post     
I just realized, Kono was wearing the Amethyst costume, was there a shot where Mysa actually wore the costume?

--------------------

From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Mysa wore it in her last Glorithverse appearance as she fought Mordru - Legionnaires #18.
Whitelighter
Mistress of Micros

forgot about that, i remembered when i first read that i freaked out

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Beautiful, as always.
Mysa is an amazing character, interesting in every incarnation, imo.
I would have loved to see her in more stories over the years.
[Frown]

--------------------

Come, join me!

Anita Cocktail
*hic*

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Anita Cocktail   Author's Homepage   Email Anita Cocktail         Edit/Delete Post     
Future, you're simply wonderful!
...and it ain't the booze talkin'.

From: Gorilla Nebula Pub | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

How is it that the possessed Mysa looks so much better as a micro?

--------------------

Come, join me!

This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.