Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION COMPANION » The Anywhere Machine » Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE (Page 17)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: Survivor: FACTS OF LIFE
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
The vote may have been brutal, but my sadistic side found it completely delightful.

I can't imagine what it must be like, being accepted onto Survivor and then to spend almost the entire game in isolation. I could almost hear that poor guy's mind snap when the vote was read. I wonder whether he thought to bring his Bible with him to Tribal Council, or he has to go back to RI with nothing.

If somehow he does somehow make it through to the end, though, I wonder whether it would work in his favor (he never really had time to get on anyone's bad side) or against him (he didn't really play the game).

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
OOOH! If Matt re-aligns himself with Rob, I will be colossally disappointed in him and he will deserve to lose.

Sorry Matt, I j'adore you but I stand by the above statement.

Blacula, if Andrea is smart she will flip to the other tribe NOW. That might shake it up a bit.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Feh. This season has jumped the shark. Boston Rob's stranglehold has officially become boring.

Things might perk up a little once only Rob's people are left and begin to turn on each other, but I'm all "Who cares?" now.

Bringing back well-seasoned vets to lord over the newbies is something I hope they do NOT do again.

LOVED Julie calling Rob's people a cult! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ Totally agree. Watching Rob's boring band of sheep following his every command as to who they can talk to, when they can go to the toilet and what they can eat is not only completely boring - it's pitiful!

And the way (some of) them act all bitchy and attitudey to Zapatera as well (I'm looking at you Philip - who has well and truly jumped the shark for me. His 'crazy' routine is no longer funny or likeable anymore. He just seems like a loser to me now.) is not fun to watch.

I so don't want an egomaniacal, paranoid, narcissist like Rob to win this game - and yet, who on Ometepe deserves it more? Andrea will if she steps up. But the rest of them? Have not done one thing in 10 or whatever episodes.

Loved Julie calling them a cult too. Rob clearly didn't like it though. I wonder if he will target her next out of spite?

I hope things start shaking up next week though 'cause I can't take another boring episode like the last one.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
It's pretty amazing that in all of the years that Survivor has been on, excluding the season where the tribes started off grouped along racial lines, that this past week's episode was truly the first aired featuring a discussion of or an argument surrounding race... the word "crazy" clearly brings up some deep-rooted feelings for Phillip... while it doesn't appear to take much to send him on a rant, it was fascinating to see how he was triggered... you know the producers were drooling when they got that footage as well as Jeff's "therapy session" at tribal council...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I forgot about Survivor this week. Do you think it is it worth my time to watch or is the outcome predictable?

--------------------

Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
Lash, the "crazy"/racial conversations and the subsequent interpersonal dynamics were interesting to see.

Does it seem to anyone else that Probst is stirring the pot in tribal council more than he's done in earlier seasons?

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Seems about par for the course... he's been this way for many seasons now, I believe...

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Probst handled the racial discussion very, very well, personally. While I'm sure that he gets a heads-up from the producers, his moderation of the discussion was expertly done.

But, yeah, Lash...though nothing was surprising vote-wise, I think this is a must-see episode. It will certainly be a big part of the reunion special, I'm sure.

I honestly don't know why Phillip went there. The other tribe-within-the-tribe would've reacted the same way if any of the others had approached them about the rice issue. They probably would have caused them "crazy" also, if any of them had behaved like Phillip has.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

I read the recap on EW.com instead. Just can't bring myself to watch anymore, maybe around the end I will start back.

This experiment with 2 experienced players and a legion of newbs is a COLOSSAL FAIL.

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Read the recap instead of watching... an apparently wise move.

I might start watching now that things HAVE to perk up a bit.

--------------------

Blacula
Easy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacula   Email Blacula         Edit/Delete Post     
^ Don't get your hopes up. Still the same old predicatble boot.

This season has sucked for quite a few episodes now. I guess if one is a huge Rob M fan they might be enjoying it since it has been THE ROB M SHOW since almost the beginning but I'm completely bored of him and it.

I've been watching each episode hoping something interesting will happen but each one has been a colossal disappointment.

Which is a shame because I think there were some really great characters cast this season (i.e. everyone but those complete wastes of space Ashley and Natalie) but we haven't been able to see nearly enough of any of them because of THE ROB M SHOW. Bringing back two very experienced players and putting them in charge of complete Survivor virgins (and complete doormats in a few cases) has proven to be a monumental failure IMO and I hope they never do it again.

The ONLY thing that can save this season for me now is if Mike or Ralph (or maybe Andrea or Matt) make it back from RI and beat the others in the finale. I have zero interest in seeing any of Rob, Ashley, Natalie, Philip or Grant win. (Though I'll grudgingly take a Grant win if those are the only 5 I can choose from.)

Bring on a new (and better hopefully) season soon please.

From: Australia | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
No matter how big a Rob M fan anyone is, I still don't see him winning in the finale. IF it's him, Phillip and Natalie, the jury will give it to Natalie because Phil's pissed off everyone, an the jury pretty much never rewards the guy who obviously ran the show, just out of spite. Whoever the three end up being, if Rob's among them, they'll choose someone else. He hasn't a prayer. The Alpha Male almost never wins Survivor unless he manages to do his thing with subtlety and making the others somehow like him. Rob's done neither.

He's played an excellent game and would get my vote, but Rob ain't winnin' this thing.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
I dunno, Lardy. If Rob gets to the finals, I can almost see the whole tribe falling prostrate in front of him chanting "Rob is Survivor Supreme."

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Was I the only one hoping Rob would fall down the stairs?

--------------------

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.