Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION CLUBHOUSE » Long Live the Legion! » LSH #50 Spoilers (Page 16)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20   
Author Topic: LSH #50 Spoilers
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Glen Cadigan:
. . . so I stand by some of my comments moreso than I do of others.

Any plans on sharing which you're standing by and which you're not?

Let me guess.
People weren't quite so 'professional' as you thought?

I've been around awhile and I'm here to tell you, NOBODY is.
[No]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ricardo
Adult Legion Reservist

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ricardo   Author's Homepage   Email Ricardo         Edit/Delete Post     
From Dan Didio 20 Questions at Newsarama:

7. One question that came up a few times in the thread – what happened with Legion of Super-Heroes #50?

DD: It’s pretty clear, and I answered this at one of my panels at the con, but I’m more than happy to address it again. What happened was that upon the author’s request, there was a name change and a pseudonym used and we obliged that request. We made those changes at the very last minute because we did not want to miss our shipping date on the book. We made a couple of changes in order to get the book out on time, and we felt that it summed up the story to the best of its ability, and we’re ready to move on to the next chapter of Legion wherever that may be, following the conclusion of the series.

Did he learn this by heart? It's a copy-paste of his rude assessment at NYCC. Why doesn't he tell me why the PLANS were changed and the book was cut-off? Why didn't they return our money back for false advertising? Why does he let L3W get so late, but for LSH #50 it had to be shipped on time? Yes, it's a rhetorical question.

More then:
12. Moving on to a question about something you said about DC having an increased commitment to the Legion of Super-Heroes in 2009. Last year at this time, there were two series, and an animated series. This year, the regular book has been cancelled, and they’re going to be doing what looks to be a time-share thing in Adventure Comics. What’s the increased commitment going to consist of, coming up?

DD: Well, we also have Legion of 3 Worlds coming to a conclusion too, which is a very important book for the Legion franchise. But the commitment is that we’re bringing a level of clarity to the Legion and one direction that shows the potential for the future of the Legion, but also how that future is springing from the current storylines in the current continuity.

So what you’re going to see is how the Legion has ties to our current timeline, and once we establish those ties to the current time, we’ll spring forward to the future an d see what the future holds for those characters.

NRAMA: So mostly, we’re going to see more of firmly-established clear-line continuity than it’s had previously?

DD: Right. One of the things that I found most interesting about Legion of 3 Worlds was that the delineation between the three Legion teams were slighter than we had originally thought. They were variations of each other rather than different focus, different plans between them. What we’re trying to do right now is to bring a level of clarity to everything, the Legion included. Following Blackest Night, we’re looking at a much clearer, iconic interpretation and a much more committed determination to the direction of our characters. Legion is no exception, and we wanted to clear the decks a bit, straighten things up and get things rolling again.

From: Brasil | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chemical King
Back in continuity

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chemical King   Email Chemical King         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh my, the book would have come out LATE if they wouldn't have done the last minute changes... LATE!!!

God beware any DC book would come out late... [Smile]

From: Bamberg, Germany | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blockade Boy
Legionnaire!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blockade Boy   Email Blockade Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Clearer: okay that I can handle but what does it mean? Will they be picking a "legion" from the remnants of the three (which would seem more confusing than clearer) as opposed to picking a legion? I think many on this board warned of the faults in that; false memories, team members not who others thought they'd be, age differences...

Connections to present continuity: not looking forward to so much as I do not see any storyline purpose. I suppose DC will be consistent and be sure to make connections between present day heroes and the Battle of Hastings.

From: East Toledo | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Dan Didio said::
we felt that it summed up the story to the best of its ability, and we’re ready to move on to the next chapter of Legion wherever that may be, following the conclusion of the series.

Dan, you're such a weasel. Shooter's story title was"One Evil", and according to the author Princess Projectra was the "One Evil". Explain to me how you can sum up the story to the best of your ability when its central character wasn't even mentioned in LSH #50?
quote:
Dan Didio said:
But the commitment is that we’re bringing a level of clarity to the Legion and one direction that shows the potential for the future of the Legion, but also how that future is springing from the current storylines in the current continuity.
One of the things that I found most interesting about Legion of 3 Worlds was that the delineation between the three Legion teams were slighter than we had originally thought. They were variations of each other rather than different focus, different plans between them. What we’re trying to do right now is to bring a level of clarity to everything, the Legion included.

"Clarity", that's it? That's all he has to say about his commitment to the "potential future" of the Legion? He sure uses a whole lot of words to say nothing.

But I guess that's as honest an answer as he dares give. Dan says nothing because the foreseeable future of the Legion after LO3W amounts to nothing - except some vague "potential" that may or may not be fulfilled.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh no. Sounds like they're not only re-establishing the ties to Superman, but also to the rest of the current-day DCU. I don't think I'm looking forward to seeing how Hal Jordan's fart in 2009 affected the Legion.

Oh, well. At least it isn't MARVEL inserting Wolverine into the team somehow.

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nightcrawler
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nightcrawler   Author's Homepage   Email Nightcrawler         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
I don't think I'm looking forward to seeing how Hal Jordan's fart in 2009 affected the Legion.

This will be the catalyst that tells us the revamped, totally new and different™ Emerald Legion story involving the Action Legionnaires this time! This will then lead into the all-new™ Team 20 series of stories starring the Action Legion "to make things less confusing." [Roll Eyes]
From: San Diego, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
Argh. The Legion has always had less problems with clarity than any other comic on the stands. One book, sometimes two, not 4 or 5 with multiple crossovers with the rest of the line. I just don't understand how the Legion ever got such a bad rep for being hard to get into. I look at the X-Men "franchise" and wonder how it got from my day when it consisted of "Uncanny X-Men" and "New Mutants." Clarity my *ss.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Dan Didio said:
One of the things that I found most interesting about Legion of 3 Worlds was that the delineation between the three Legion teams were slighter than we had originally thought. They were variations of each other rather than different focus, different plans between them.

I think this is true ~ the difference between the 3 boots was never very great.
They were really just teams at different eras in development, doing the same things ~ trying to work together despite differences, sometimes with the prevailing government and sometimes against it.

But that's been pretty much the same for ALL of the comic groups, over the years.

Does that mean that DC wants to change the Legion's focus/plan?
To what?

They've combined eras before (clones)(have we seen any of them in 3worlds?) and I'd enjoy seeing that again combining the 3 boots, but I don't know about changing the focus/plan for the Legion.
What would that look like?
What new direction could they take?
[Confused]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver Age Lad
Part-time member living in another century

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver Age Lad   Email Silver Age Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Candle:

What new direction could they take?
[Confused]

Secondary characters to Superman?

Stuck in the 21st century?

Both?

From: Ancient Kingdom of Northumbria, UK | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimgallagher
www.dodeka12.com

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimgallagher           Edit/Delete Post     
It sounds to me that he's hinting that the 3 versions of each Legionnaire are such slight variations that they may be merged together to form a single composite of each silver age member, similar to how Phase and Apparition were merged in the last boot. The non silver age members are left over as wild cards. Some will probably die, others will stick around to make the Legion seem "fresh and new."

But since the multiverse is back and there are other versions of many other DC characters, I don't see why there needs to be one "iconic" version of the Legion anyway. Just pick one and feature it. The other versions could show up occasionally as guest stars, like when the JSA and JLA team up periodically.

--------------------
Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com

From: Champaign, IL | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
matlock:

quote:
One book, sometimes two, not 4 or 5 with multiple crossovers with the rest of the line. I just don't understand how the Legion ever got such a bad rep for being hard to get into. I look at the X-Men "franchise" and wonder how it got from my day when it consisted of "Uncanny X-Men" and "New Mutants." Clarity my *ss.

matlock, I think you just hit the nail on the head. If a property can't be made to bear a huge squirming litter of must-have tie-in books, (maybe) the bigwigs can't be made to really care about it.

Maybe "hard to get into" is just code-speak for "We can't breed it, so piss off." [Razz]

(snip)

Jim Gallagher:

quote:
...But since the multiverse is back...

Until somebody changes his/her mind and they get rid of it again. ("Return of the Return of the 53rd Infinite Crisis on 99 Worlds.") Feh.

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matlock
Advisory

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matlock   Email matlock         Edit/Delete Post     
The multiverse isn't really back. 52 universes have been created (they aren't even the originals.) It's like if your car radio had all the presets already locked in when you bought it and you could never change them, and they took the rest of the nobs off.
From: Douglasville, GA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tromium
Decrystallized

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tromium           Edit/Delete Post     
It wouldn't be the first time DC put conflicting versions of a character/team in a cosmic blender to "clarify" their differences. The did it with Donna Troy and the Doom Patrol a few years ago and more recently seemed to be doing it with Jimmy Olsen. But I don't think Didio and Johns have the balls to merge the 3 Legions. Imo, they'll take the cowards way out and just continue pretending the Johnsboot Legion is the "original" -- while proceeding to rewrite its entire history from scratch -- thus permanently disposing of the original pre-Crisis LSH along with the post-Crisis, 5YL, reboot and 3boot versions.

At this stage, I don't give a crap what those two hypocrites do. They've already ruined everything.

From: Reimagined Trom | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow, the Legion is going to be 'clarified' by making sure that it's affected by every tie-in and crossover related to the 21st century DCU characters.

It's like Laurel Kent-Manhunter, all over again...

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 20 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.