Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 44)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobalt Kid, I like your Gold Watch story. I loved the gold reference! However, I have to seriously discuss things about the LMBverse with you. I spend so much thought on Question Lad and his home system, and I'm afraid most of what I'm doing contradicts with what previously exists. Luckily my character absorbs others' memories, but I won't torture him with retcons forever.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie:

Loved The Gold Watch. Loved the intereactions of Lon and Cobie, and am actually getting ideas of what happened while he was there after this and before The Red Bee stuff.

Gonna get some things together soon and send you some ideas I have.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Glad you liked it guys!

Dev, I've had this story kicking around in my head for years but it was only after you started posting the Black Ops stories that I got inspired to actually write it. Making it more of a Cobie/Timberwolf Black Ops story suddenly put the whole thing much more into focus.

Emily--always feel free to ask me any questions on the LMB universe. There is a thread here in Bits "Ask Cobie" where I actually used to answer questions on the LMB. I wrote the LMB History thread in the Encyclopedia Galactica forum after years (seriously years) of research and I'm confident I know LMB continuity inside-out, better than anyone.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do...

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Abin, I'd like to try working on some of the Quank clan.
They won't be original drawings since I still don't have a scanner or CD player/burner, but I'd fancy a go at you, if you don't mind.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

I'd be thrilled if you were to do that, Candlelight, Thank you for offering. Now I'm going to be eagerly waiting to see what you come up with!

[ May 08, 2011, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: Abin Quank ]

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Abin, I have been told to get in contact with you. There is hope that your character could help out mine on the MMB section (untamed streets and security office threads respectively).

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

Cobie, "The Gold Watch" is a superb story! Great reading! Thank You!

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Abin Quank

PM me what you need Emily, I'm traveling tomorrow but I should be able to help you.

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Your PM box is still full, Abin Quank.

--------------------

Abin Quank

I received your PM. I have to read up on current happenings, which threads are the best to get me up to speed quickly?

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:

Thanks Chuck! Much appreciated! I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out and appreciate you reading it (and enjoying it!).

Also, I PMed you a few months back during the roleplay stuff on the MMB to kind of give you the lowdown but your PM box was full and I lost the PM. But I can bring you up to speed on that stuff if you like.

In the current "Novella", I've set-up a subplot / side-mission for Space Ranger and My Whee Fem (working with Cobie on a secret mission) that will tie into the larger plot as time goes on. So definitely let me know what you think when you've caught up (it takes until about midway through the second page of the thread but everything is eventually explained early on regarding the backstory / objective). Part of the PM was to say "do you mind if I use Space Ranger for this...?" but I took the "mailbox is full" bit to mean "Sure!" [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

quote:
I received your PM. I have to read up on current happenings, which threads are the best to get me up to speed quickly?

I sent you a couple of PMs back. I posted alot of little adventures in the Untamed Streets thread on MMB. I created a humorous little plot that your characters could enter in the Security Office thread. I created LMB wiki entries for both Question Lad and Red Arrow so those might be helpful.

--------------------

Abin Quank

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
quote:

Thanks Chuck! Much appreciated! I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out and appreciate you reading it (and enjoying it!).

Also, I PMed you a few months back during the roleplay stuff on the MMB to kind of give you the lowdown but your PM box was full and I lost the PM. But I can bring you up to speed on that stuff if you like.

In the current "Novella", I've set-up a subplot / side-mission for Space Ranger and My Whee Fem (working with Cobie on a secret mission) that will tie into the larger plot as time goes on. So definitely let me know what you think when you've caught up (it takes until about midway through the second page of the thread but everything is eventually explained early on regarding the backstory / objective). Part of the PM was to say "do you mind if I use Space Ranger for this...?" but I took the "mailbox is full" bit to mean "Sure!" [Big Grin]

While I haven't read all of "Novella" yet, what I have read is excellent. And of course "mailbox is full" means exactly the same thing as "Sure go ahaid, pardnar!" ...At least in this case. (It seems I've done the same thing to you a time or two in the past. Don't forget that Lolita has a few tricks up her sleeve curtesy of EDG that Cobie might not even be aware of.)

We both know you have a good handle on the Ranger and My Whee Fem, so you have my blessing, I'm curious to see what you come up with.

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
^And, hey, Chuck--if ya like what you see and decide to contribute a little (or a lot!) when you have time, the door's open! [Yes]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.