Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 45)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
I've gotta read the whole thing first Tony. You guys have written quite a story so far. We'll see if I can contribute anything later.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
No pressure, Chuck. I just wanted you to know that there will be jump-on points as we go and that the door's not closed for any potential contributors. I mean, there's the core story with the Fellowship, but there's a lot going on in the U.P. at the same time that anyone can run wild with! You'll see what I mean as you go...

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ex, Just wanted to say I am loving your story. I love the Timey whimey flim flam flopping back and forth stuff.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
It is really good story-telling, Exxnihil. I'm tired because of Finals, so I like to read stuff like that to escape.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, guys, I'm having a ball writing it.

By the by, Faraway, I actually owe you some belated compliments on a story you wrote ages ago. When I started doing the Wiki entries for the Primary Color Gang characters, there was a gap during the Yahoo board days that I filled by means of the PCG/LMB Superpets story you wrote.

Great stuff... did you ever finish that one?

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faraway Lad
Senator of the UP. Permanent Ambassador to the Court of Saint James

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faraway Lad   Email Faraway Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Wow I'd forgotten about that one, the Bowl of Outcault, I'll have to see if I can find that one on an old hard drive.
I don’t think I ever finished it. May be a project for old times’ sake?

Wonder if people ever picked up on the name.

--------------------
Faithfull

From: Newcastle upon Tyne England | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

And I just caught up on both "Novella" and "Mobius" both are fantastic so far.

Just a note Tony, I've thought up two different storylines to add to "Novella" but I need Nighty, K.P. & S.G.'s permission to use their characters for one and Emily's help with the other, stand by...

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
ooooo the big league's!!
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Yes, I am listening.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
Just a note Tony, I've thought up two different storylines to add to "Novella" but I need Nighty, K.P. & S.G.'s permission to use their characters for one and Emily's help with the other, stand by...

I'm glad you've enjoyed it, Chuck, especially enough to be inspired to contribute! We wanted you in on the ground floor, but you were kinda on sabbatical/really busy at the time. Can't wait to see what you've come up with... [Yes]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
Yes, I am listening.

Check your pm's

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Abin Quank

quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:

I'm glad you've enjoyed it, Chuck, especially enough to be inspired to contribute! We wanted you in on the ground floor, but you were kinda on sabbatical/really busy at the time. Can't wait to see what you've come up with... [Yes]
Still debating which way to go with the idea but what would happen if the LW Founders (other than Crujecki) decided it was time for them to take a hand in things? And what if they didn't agree with what Cobie and Lardy were doing?

Now, I'm just asking the question, but...

[ May 11, 2011, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: Abin Quank ]

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
sounds very compelling so far.

maybe an old fashioned good guy vs. good guy misunderstanding fight!!!

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

I think it is a very good question to ask, one I have been asking myself. There are rules about going to war with foreign nations, this story reminds me of Mr. Fantastic's takeover of Latveria.

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, as you saw, Cobie has secured the full support of the United Planets (on purpose to combat those accusations). Rocky being there, as LMB leader, sanctions it as as LMB mission so theyre fine in terms of the LMB organization, though many members may not like it. You can see Cobie considered these things previously in his "planning".

The founders are interesting because they couldn't do anything in terms of the LMB even though their opinions carry a lot of weight. They might take issue with Cobie and Lardy potentially bringing trouble to LW.

I've always played it as if Nighty and Lightning Lad are actively in the know as to Cobies activities (as hinted at in Omnia). Cobie is the LW founder's proxy for security office issues. But it hasn't really been a topic discussed before.

Certainly, no one has really ever called out either of them on their shady activities (which are separate and not the same topic). Though we got a hint of it with Lardy at the beginning of the Novella.

Readers may notice Cobie has never once apologized for his actions or ever indicated he thinks he's anything but squarely in the right.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.