Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 43)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Great jobs from both Lardy and Tempest.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
Finished Covenant, so I am all caught up.

It was very well done, Lardy.

Poor Louis, we knew you for such a short time.

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I knew someone had to die, and it ended up having to be Louis. Early on, it was gonna be Grev, but I realized as I wrote this that it had to be someone the reader cared for. I did a little character work with Grev, but he and some of the others got pushed aside as other characters demanded a larger share of the attention. (They really write themselves! [Yes] ) So next to Adelie (who was no way/no how ever gonna die!), Louis is probably the most sympathetic and relatable character in the story. Plus, his dying elevated Adelie's story in a big way. So there you go.

I really, REALLY liked Louis, but it had to be him. [Frown]

[ April 04, 2011, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: Exo-Lardy ]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Great end to Revealing Shades! Quite a revelation--there should be some really interesting interaction between Cobie and Tempest shortly.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tempest
Enchantress

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tempest   Author's Homepage   Email Tempest         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Great end to Revealing Shades! Quite a revelation--there should be some really interesting interaction between Cobie and Tempest shortly.

Thank you.

I'm sure there will be, but with Cobalt, will pants be involved...must find a expert to answer this question!

--------------------
And to show I bear no ill will, I, too, shall bestow a gift...

From: The Mansion | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
As you guys might have seen today, I've begun posting the first few chapters of a Onevision I've been thinking about for a bit now.

During the last role-play it occurred to me that my character, "Exnihil" while fun to write, didn't really fit in to a "super-hero" narrative. I decided to remedy that by fleshing him out more. What is his origin and, more importantly, how is he going to change to fit into the LMB-verse going forward?

I hope by the end of what I'm doing, "Ex"... if he makes it out OK... will have a more clearly defined raison d'etre, and will be easier to incorporate into future stories.

The onevision is going to be 24 chapters and will be a combination origin tale/turning point story with a healthy dose of time-travel paradox stuff thrown in. Give it a look and let me know whether you dig it so far. Is it intriguing... or just a bunch of fan-wank? Thanks for any feedback.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I just got done reading through it Ex...

So far it is really, really good. You've got mystery, secret scientific things, sympathetic figures, time paradoxes, and so much potential going on in this thing. I personally cannot wait to read more.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Definitely digging it, Ex. It just affirms the feeling I've had that you are one of the most imaginative and clever among our community! Looking forward to the rest!

(Hmmmm....24 chapters, eh? I suspected the lettered chapters would end with 'Chapter X' even before you wrote that! [Big Grin] )

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I love your writing, Exnihil. It's alot of fun and a bit introsepctive. I would love to write something with you about Exnihil and Question Lad.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Great work tonight from everyone in the Novella and Ex in his Onevision.
Exnihil

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Just hit the halfway point on my story. I know it might be getting a little background heavy, but it's all going to tie together, trust me.

I've been purposely holding off on reading the Lord of the Oval stuff until I get my thing finished (probably next weekend) because I figure it will be easier to join in if I read it in one block as, for all intents and purposes, "Ex" wouldn't have been privy to those events as they happened.

I did sneak a peek at the "Untamed Streets" thread, though, and have to say I really like the noir vibe that Emily gives to Q-lad. Cool stuff.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you very much. Question Lad's pretty much endured nothing but ineffective government all his life. He's seen the memories of those who've lived through and participated in dictatorships.
His planet isn't plagued by external threats, rather by endless political and social problems. That's why I placed it in Sector 1417, because I feel Thaal Sinestro is a good example of a dictator in the DCU. (many right-wing Nasgerians admires Sinestro)

After the Red Bee stuff Q-Lad trying to be more merciful, but it is really hard. It's really hard for both my characters, they are very Post-Watchmen. They distrust both utopias and dystopias, preferring to live in a decent and free society.

[ April 17, 2011, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Just realized something that Ex is doing with his posts in his onevision. Very cool little thing you got happening in each post Ex.
Exnihil

Hee, hee. Thanks, Dev... I amuse myself in little ways.

Sorry it's taking so long to wrap up. After I finished part II, I went back and read it to make sure that I wasn't going to leave any loose ends (I knew the overarching plot at the beginning but have been adding little twists that all need to be wrapped up). I tried to see what I, if I were an outside reader, would want filled in to be satisfied.

I came up with 18 plot points that need to be filled in the last 8 chapters, so I'm just thinking about how to best do it without it being just exposition (something that I personally think was way too heavy in part II).

Thanks for following it, though, Dev. This is my first real attempt at a fan-fic thing, but I'm really enjoying the process.

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

You could always do an epilog outside of the lettering scheme you have going if you have a few left over.

Just a thought.

This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.