Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 52)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
So I figured this is as good a place as any to put these...I sat down tonight and drew Light Lad and Diamond Damsel up, they are two of the new recruits in my fanfic. I was too lazy to really put heaps of effort into coloring them properly, but I just figured it might be nice to have images of them so people know what they're meant to look like when reading about them.
 -

Light Lad is a Winathian with Ayla's old anti-gravity powers. He's basically wearing a more or less exact copy of her old costume because why mess with a classic?

-

Diamond Damsel is Iris Jacobs from Karate Kid's old series, she is stuck in her Diamondeth form and is functionally immortal. By the time she survived through to the Legion's time she had developed enough heroism to want to be one of them.

I will probably get around to doing some others and some of the homemade villains every now and then as well [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Diamond Damsel rocks! (Pun intended!)

I remember loving the goofy Karate Kid series, as a kid, and Iris Jacobs as Diamondeth (what a strange name!) was a neat character.

I wonder how it would change her visual to replace the pink with either green or yellow, or something... Girl has some serious thigh going on there. I like!

Light Lad's pose reminds me of those 'man ups' that were all over the interwebs a few months ago. [Smile]

If Light Lad has the power to not just generate anti-gravity fields, but perhaps even to attach them to people and make them responsive to the subjects will (sort of how Flight Rings work), temporarily granting them a short duration levitation power, he'd be great at evacuation type scenes, placing anti-gravity fields around dozens of civilians and letting them levitate themselves to safety!

[ May 12, 2012, 09:09 AM: Message edited by: Set ]

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Set...I wanted to try and make DD actually look like a big chunky rock lady. I think it would work better with prismatic effects to show that she's made of diamond, but I'm still happy with it. I sort of gave her a twee girly costume on purpose for the juxtaposition, but seeing it actually in color now I don't know if blue and pink is really the best color combo for a diamond damsel. I had some trouble finding the right shade of blue that didn't blend in with her 'skin' tone too much but wasn't too dark either so other colors might be worth trying...

And Light Lad...I just kind of dig the idea of a guy being able to adopt a heroine's legacy and present himself like that by the 31st century without it being an issue with anyone. [Smile]

--------------------
postlo3w

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo: And Light Lad... I just kind of dig the idea of a guy being able to adopt a heroine's legacy and present himself like that by the 31st century without it being an issue with anyone. [Smile]
Oh, I totally agree. Superman has Supergirl, Batman a plethora of Batgirls and Batwomen, Aquaman has a pair of Aquagirls, etc. but there aren't a whole lot of male 'legacies' of Wonder Woman or Black Canary out there, and the only time I've seen a male character take on a female characters former name, it was Hank Pym taking on the name 'the Wasp,' for which he was mocked by various other characters (and even accused of it being a sign of his mental instability re-surfacing!)...

Light Lad, like Wiccan (the Scarlet Witch's son), would definitely be defying tradition!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Ex, "The Long Klordny" is mind-blowingly awesome so far! Utterly fantastic! I can't wait for the next chapter. And the writing style would have Chandlier grinning ear to ear.
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Raz, love the pics! I also like the idea of a male adopting a female hero's legacy--very cool!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Ex, "The Long Klordny" is mind-blowingly awesome so far! Utterly fantastic! I can't wait for the next chapter. And the writing style would have Chandlier grinning ear to ear.

Heh. Either that... or calling his lawyers to sue me for plagiarism, considering that the Prologue is basically a complete rip-off of "Double Indemnity". [Wink]

Thanks though... this is a story I've had in mind for a long time - one that sort of just skirts around the super-hero fringes of the LMB-verse in favor of a hard boiled take. I've got what I think are some nice twists in store, so I hope you dig it.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

quote:
Raz, love the pics! I also like the idea of a male adopting a female hero's legacy--very cool!

Thanks muchly! [Big Grin]

--------------------
postlo3w

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Even though its still early, I have to say the Long Klorny is shaping up to be my very favorite LMB onevision EVER! Just utterly brillaint so far!

My favorite line (of many): "Lotta had dealt me some pretty good cards so far - Queen of Hearts... pocket Diamonds... and the best pair I had ever seen."

It's noir + the LMB + a fantastic writing style! The humor is not only perfect for the LMB, but it works so well in the tradition you're writing in.

I'm really just blown away.

(LMB secret: Ex and I have been talking about some future storylines and I'm now more ecstatic than ever to do them! His genius knows no bounds!)

Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Even though its still early, I have to say the Long Klorny is shaping up to be my very favorite LMB onevision EVER!!

It's noir + the LMB + a fantastic writing style!

Thanks, brother! That really makes me so happy that you're digging it.

I was a little worried that I might have been going overboard with the intentionally cliched style - but once I started coming up with ridiculous similes, it kind of gets addicting.

It's sort of reached the end of the first act now - with the decompressed first night - and the next few chapters should be expanding the timeframe out a bit.

It cracks me up - now that the story is getting a bit longer - that "Ex" is supposedly recording all this as he bleeds out.

That must be one slow wound. [Smile]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

-

I done made a new Legion-inspired shirt....I am pretty happy with this one! It looks classy as a shirt which depicts the final resting place of such luminaries as Braino and Hate-Face should... [Wink]

Link to see what it looks like on an actual shirt/hoodie here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/razsolo/works/8966090-shanghalla-tee

--------------------
postlo3w

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Whoa! That's a great image of Shanghalla, raz!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Waiting (impatiently) for the next installment of "Klordny", Ex! [Poke Joke]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
I believe EX is at Bonaroo. I doubt there's internet there.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

quote:
Originally posted by Invisible Brainiac:
Whoa! That's a great image of Shanghalla, raz!

Thanks IB! [Big Grin]

--------------------
postlo3w

This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.