Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 50)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
And I have huge plans for Middlefinger VII but when all is said and done, we will be working on War of the Middlefingers, my friends.

Wow, thanks so much, Cobie! War of the Middlefingers would be phenomenonal. By my count there are probably five by this point:

VII - Skulivard Nox, the mad Coluan. That was my own invention to fill the missing spot. I see him like a Hannibal Lector type: brilliant, elegant, but completely insane.

VIII - Princess No-Protection from your "Horn of Undoing"

IX - the little alien that I just wrote about

and X and XI - yet to be seen.

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
(AND I also want to see the Long Klorndy!).

Hee-Hee.

"I believe in Quislet Esq... I believe in Legion World." [Smile]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Things are looking good so far this month. I just hope we can start resolving the Oval story soon, because my semester has started and I do not know how much free time I will have. I feel sorry for Question Lad because he's genre blind, I think he would be one of those people who hasn't read fantasy since they were a small child (if he was real he would read mostly magazines and social science stuff).

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
We're not gonna rush the Oval story, Em. It'll proceed at whatever pace the story (and tellers) demand. Ain't many EPICS is over wit' quickly, eh? [No]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
It's a slow night on Legion World, so I just wanted to add a couple afterthoughts on the Halloween story that Emily and I wrapped up today. I didn't want to post in the story itself, so this seems like the best spot.

First I wanted to give Emily fat props for pinging me a while back with the idea for the collaboration. I never would have tried to do a "horror" piece - I kind of lean toward light humor - but I think it was a great idea. It was a pretty cool experience trying to meld two different approaches into a coherent story, and I think it turned out pretty well.

Second - huge thanks to dedman for being nice enough to let us use his house and his "family". It just seemed like such a natural setting for a Halloween story, so thanks again, deddy, for being so generous.

One story note: We tried to be respectful of the ongoing "Lord of the Oval" story and not have any character overlaps. I apologize if we accidentally used anybody already tapped as a part of the Oval Saga. In fact, there was one substitution - the character with Blacula was supposed to be "Timber Wolf," because having a vampire and lycanthrope together seemed like a nice visual, but since Lon is off questing, Lone Wolf Legionnaire was subbed in.

And finally, in the "credit where credit is due" department: the character, "Johnny Halloween" was not our invention, but rather a dusted off character that Cobie came up with here. Since he only ever appeared in that one post and had no real description or story, we figured he was fair game.

Anyway, cool beans and hope you liked it.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Ex, the continuity isn't super-de-duper tight as far as using certain characters or not. You could've just said it took place before or somesuch. On the other hand, it's a great "meanwhile back at the ranch" story!

Haven't read it yet, btw, but will very soon.

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
Exnihil, I thank you for your punctuality and willingness to work with me. I like that our writing styles are similar and we understand eachother very well.

I don't remember a specific timeframe set for the Dark Oval stories, except that one of the days is a Thursday (because I wrote that part on a Thursday and wanted to make a personal connection to the readers).

I have been writing my stories outside the Lord of the Oval thread as having taken after those events. On that note, I want to thank Invisible Brainiac for submitting letters to the 'Dear Question Lad' thread.

[ October 10, 2011, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: Emily Sivana ]

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
And I want to thank you, Emily, for turning my letters into a regular correspondence. It's been a pleasure writing back and forth about that stuff.

I just finished catching up on the Dark Oval thread a week or so ago, but I'd love to read your collaboration with Ex soon.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Invisible Brainiac, your PM box is full so I might as well post it here since it could involve other characters besides as our own. Invisible Brainiac and Question Lad have been corresponding with each other post-Dark Oval in the 'Dear Question Lad' thread.

There has been talk of a group trip for our young characters, and I'm curious if this could possibly be a larger group project? It could be fun, easy, and quick to write. That is possible especially with Emily's technology, Invisible Brainiac's transportation skills, and Sebastian's powers.

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Whoops! Thanks for the headsup, Emily. I'll delete some PMs now.

Would love to participate. I can commit to contributing a couple of posts every weekend.

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angdar Fel
Applicant

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Angdar Fel   Email Angdar Fel         Edit/Delete Post     
Might I tag along on this trip of yours?
Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

I'd love to have you along, Angdar [Wink]

--------------------

Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

The Road Trip OCC thread is where the planning, plotting, and discussion for that story will take place. I want nothing less than Disney quality so there is a lot to be done!

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Here's a link to it, for those who want to jump in:

Road Trip OCC Thread

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Lord of the Oval continues to kick serious arse!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
I gotta say...Oval has kicked up not a notch...but several.
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.