Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 51)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Oval's been AWESOME. I'm having loads of fun contributing AND reading. You guys rock!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
We DO rock, don't we? [Yes] [Smile]

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Seth & Helena finally reunited! And finally able to "touch"! Yay! [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Yeah, I was playing with what to do with their inevitable reunion, and nothing was really clicking for me. Then, I thought: what would two people who were in love really wanna do after being apart for years? With Seth basically having Mano's powers, that was more of an obstacle than it would be for most! [Smile] So I figured out a way Seth could get around that little disintegration issue, and voila--a sexy reunion!

Always nice to have something fun and life-affirming happening in the middle of so much darkness and devestation! [Yes]

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Bow chicka wah wah!
From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Loved the moment--it felt very 'right' and maturely romantic. [Yes]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Y'alls talent for working together collaboratively is totally cool. I can do the fic thing, I can build a story off of other people's characters, I can create my own, but I've got no gift for that sort of communal storytelling. It's very impressive!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Sometimes it works well and sometimes it kind of only is okay. This has been one of the best--if not the best--multi-author collaberation I've ever done before. The major authors are killing it while being open to others ideas and making things work for them and then we have a layer of writers adding awesome contributions when the can to enhance the diverse voice and creative style to the whole thing.
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
It just fascinates me. I can totally run with a 'local' idea like Saucy Jones or Laser Ape, even, in some cases, finding that easier than using an established Legion character (who has a certain 'voice' I have to try and convey), but trying to weave a narrative together between distinctive authors seems crazy hard!

(That being said, I play in a few online play-by-post D&D-ish games, and, at the end of the day, that's pretty much an interactive 'tag-team' story, of a sort...)

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Sometimes it works well and sometimes it kind of only is okay. This has been one of the best--if not the best--multi-author collaberation I've ever done before. The major authors are killing it while being open to others ideas and making things work for them and then we have a layer of writers adding awesome contributions when the can to enhance the diverse voice and creative style to the whole thing.

We also use Facebook's closed messaging system to kibitz behind the scenes and throw story ideas at each other! It really helps a LOT! [Yes]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
It is a true collaborative effort amongst the group. With relatively narrow goals in mind for certain characters. That being said, there are times when things go completely different than expected and change the landscape if you will.

The whole Kalla / Timberwolf relationship and what that has led to came out of nowhere, I think it started with her taking him somewhere during the civil war storyline, and just grew from there...

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

For anyone who's been following "Lord of the Oval" and is curious about this Clark Marlowe guy and what his deal is, I can direct you to this short story for the lowdown on him and his interesting (I hope) backstory. He's not just a random character from outta nowhere! [Smile]

--------------------

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
I've really been awestruck at how the major authors have been running the narrative. I'd only originally intended to write a few vignettes here and there that would allow the Invisible Brainiac character to get into some sticky situations, but I've been inspired to let the character grow during the course of the story.

Discussing behind the scenes as a group has also helped - the others have been giving me a lot of ideas on my own character [Smile]

And the most rewarding thing is being told by the others that you got their characters' "voices" right. Especially since our characters are basically extensions of ourselves!

And finally, the whole "shared universe" that we're creating is just awesome. Mind-blowingly awesome.

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, Thank you for picking up my slack. Your "Founders" post worked very well and effectively tied up that segment.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to work on any of the other ideas we discussed for "Oval" and I don't see myself having time in the near future. Combine that with MAJOR Case of Writer's Block and serious doubts about my planned storylines fitting into the overall plot of "Oval" and well I just wasn't feeling good about my portion of the effort.

However, I trust your judgement and admire your writing ability so feel free to continue writing the Founder's Storyline in my absence.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I have been writing a little story in my spare time, and was wondering if there are any LMB characters I can use to create a team? The villain I am creating for the piece is very powerful and would be too much for my characters to handle by themselves. I understand the Dark Oval has left a lot up in the air, so three obscure characters are fine. I like teams to have a variety of powers and personalities so there are interesting subplots.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.