Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 54)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
I think Ayla came out super cute, so thanks! [Smile]

I umm..may have taken a few liberties with Grev, hahaha....you're right in that he's generally been slimmer when he's appeared before, but I figure there's no reason he can't build himself up a bit....and if he just so happens to turn into a huge blue slab of beefcake, well them's the breaks.. [Wink]

I have actually been playing with the idea of giving him a bunch of tribal tattoos the past couple of days as well....I kind of like the idea of his tattoos blending into shadow the same way Tasmia's hair and cape do [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo: I have actually been playing with the idea of giving him a bunch of tribal tattoos the past couple of days as well....I kind of like the idea of his tattoos blending into shadow the same way Tasmia's hair and cape do [Smile]
Ooh, tribal tattoos of shadow, that move and change depending on his mood or whatever (so that they are often quite different, and move from arm to leg to face or whatever), could rock!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Re: The Lord of the Oval

It just gets better and better. Great job guys!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
EX, I missed the latest installment of Klordney until you sent me that PM and I answered before reading.

I Freaking Love It! You are a Genius!

And Ibby, I love the way you're managing to work every last LMBer into the story in Oval. Great Job!

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you, Abin [Smile] It's a lot of fun having everyone show up. I'm pretty sure we have a lot more out there, though.

PS - I'd still love to see you come back and write the Battle of Legion World [Big Grin]

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Abin! I am so glad you dug it.

Your characters are so much fun to explore because they not only have "tentposts" of established history, but also these wonderful mysterious gaps that make the reader go, "hmm... I wonder what happened there". Thanks so much for letting me fill in a bit of My Whee's past.

And Ibby... seriously, dude... your cameo scenes are AMAZING!

They are so good, and really show how much legwork you must have done before writing them. So many good ones, but my absolute favorite was Crymsun acting as a "catalyst" for Raging Bull. Just a brilliant use of that powerset! [Yes]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
I am almost done with "Truth and Perfection". If anyone has any feedback or would like their character to have a cameo in the finale please speak now.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:

And Ibby... seriously, dude... your cameo scenes are AMAZING!

They are so good, and really show how much legwork you must have done before writing them. So many good ones, but my absolute favorite was Crymsun acting as a "catalyst" for Raging Bull. Just a brilliant use of that powerset! [Yes]

Thanks, Ex [Smile] And thank YOU for your projects, which have brought so many LMBers to life. I like the cool powersets many of them have in your stories.

quote:
Originally posted by Emily Sivana:
I am almost done with "Truth and Perfection". If anyone has any feedback or would like their character to have a cameo in the finale please speak now.

Emily, sent you a PM about that plot topic you asked me about. Thanks for asking for feedback!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
WHOOOO-HOOO! Phil Marlowe debuts in 'Klordny'!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
The story is now complete. I have no idea what I will work on next. I went to the library yesterday and got a book on the Renaissance, so I might do some more work with the setting of places like Nasger and Raltvee.

I am also currently doing research on the Mongols/Yuan for school, so if anybody wants to build up the background of the Khanate I could help.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
hey all,
i'm trying to get more into the fanfic arena and i would love some feed back on the story I've been working on.

it follows the Reboot legion. I'd appreciate any advice and comments!

and thanks to Razsolo and IB for all their comments and help so far!

which if anyone isn't reading anything by these two then you should!

In love with Razsolo's take on the retro legion. his stuff is better than the actual title imho.

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Hi, Omni.

I just checked out the first chapter of your story. I'm not as familiar with the Post-Zero Hour Legion as I am with other versions. That being said, I think you did a really good job establishing very distinct voices for such a large cast... especially for someone like myself who is more used to the Pre-booters.

Brainy, Wildfire, and Shikari particularly stood out for me as very "realistically" voiced.

And by the way, great cliffhanger in the last three paragraphs. I love a good twist! I look forward to reading the rest of what you've written.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
I.B. is currently ROCKING Lord of the Oval ...

(as is everyone) but IB's basically running the entire LMB as Non player characters! BRAVO!

Dev also wrote a particularly moving sequence!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

or maybe this will make a clapping sound if I put enough ...

[smack] [slap] [smack] [slap] [smack] [slap] [smack] [smack]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for your help Peebz. I really was wondering how to frame the whole thing, and having the three of them show up made it work perfectly.

IB is amazing in his ability to let so many shine with one sentence/sequence a piece.

Can't wait to see where the rest of my characters end up after this...or will they?

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
Hi, Omni.

I just checked out the first chapter of your story. I'm not as familiar with the Post-Zero Hour Legion as I am with other versions. That being said, I think you did a really good job establishing very distinct voices for such a large cast... especially for someone like myself who is more used to the Pre-booters.

Brainy, Wildfire, and Shikari particularly stood out for me as very "realistically" voiced.

And by the way, great cliffhanger in the last three paragraphs. I love a good twist! I look forward to reading the rest of what you've written.

thank you so much Exnihil! i try to get the voices to be as distinct as possible.

i do have a question is this series easy to get into or does it seem to have to much baggage/references to things that have come before????

i love that Brainy and Shikari and Wildfire are your faves because i feel like i had the hardest time writing them. lol

[ July 10, 2012, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Omni ]

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.