Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 55)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks Dev, Peebz [Smile]

Truth be told, I wouldn't have thought about bringing in the rest of the LMB if it weren't for the body of work the rest of you did.

One thing my Dark Oval co-writers particularly shine at is creating new characters! Peebz' Drinking Buddies, Dev's extended Em family and Angdar Fel, Lardy's Lard Knights and the Taylors, Cobie's Space Knights Templar, Tempest's shades, and so on...

quote:
Originally posted by Omni:

i do have a question is this series easy to get into or does it seem to have to much baggage/references to things that have come before????

i love that Brainy and Shikari and Wildfire are your faves because i feel like i had the hardest time writing them. lol

Hi Omni,

I echo what Ex said - I love how you stay as true as possible to the voices and histories of these Legionnaires. I think you've done a great job of keeping it as a continuation to the series.

PS thanks too for your comments on my stories!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Omni:
In love with Razsolo's take on the retro legion. his stuff is better than the actual title imho.

*blush* Thanks Omni! I am about to post the first part of a multi-parter featuring the League of Super-Assassins..

I agree with the other commenters (commentators?), you have done a great job of giving everyone in your Legion their own voice, and they are all recognisably the postboot Legionnaires as distinct from any other version too! [Smile]

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omni
Honorary

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Omni   Email Omni         Edit/Delete Post     
thank you both soo much! i really am happy that these characters stand out on there own!

--------------------
read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232

From: dorchester, MA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo:
I am about to post the first part of a multi-parter featuring the League of Super-Assassins.

Speaking of which, it's pretty good!

I'm a big Super-Assassins fan.

Neutrax and Lazon are fun to work with, powers-wise, although Titania and Silver Slasher seem more potentially interesting, personality-wise, and Mist Master just seems like a jerk with no redeeming features...

Supergirl's overconfidence, and unpreparedness was intriguing. Individual character arcs (such as Supergirl learning that she's not on vacation in the 31st century, and that things need to be taken seriously, and coming back for a much more competent second showing) are hard to write in a 20 page story (especially one featuring twenty protagonists and at least a half-dozen other main characters!), making fanfic like this a great place to explore such things!

I particularly like how Mon-El dealt with the same threat, using his keen intellect, and yet also taking quite a risk.

I'm looking forward to the next installment!

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

^ I also love how Bouncing Boy looked out for his teammates AND had excellent battle tactics. I have a newfound respect for him and Mon.

(can't wait to see new Legionnaires Nightwind and Shadow Lad in action too!)

--------------------

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
razsolo
Substitute

Icon 1 posted      Profile for razsolo   Author's Homepage   Email razsolo         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks! [Smile]

I'm really glad Supergirl's attitude is coming across! I am consciously trying to show that she and Superboy aren't just gender reversed versions of one another and that they really do approach their time in the 31st century in very different ways...

And one of the things in general I am really enjoying about writing these characters is thinking about the different ways they would approach the same problems...Mon-El, Ultra Boy, Superboy and Supergirl shouldn't be interchangeable just because they all have more or less the same powerset, so it's a fun challenge figuring out ways to show that.

re: Bouncing Boy, I touched on this in the War of the Fatal Fives thread, but I reckon Chuck deserves a lot more respect than he gets. His power is physically formidable, and I imagine teaching at the Academy would really have honed his tactics and ability to work as part of a team..

--------------------
Read the alternate adventures of the Legion after Legion of Three Worlds!
postlo3w

Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by razsolo: re: Bouncing Boy, I touched on this in the War of the Fatal Fives thread, but I reckon Chuck deserves a lot more respect than he gets. His power is physically formidable, and I imagine teaching at the Academy would really have honed his tactics and ability to work as part of a team..
Bouncing's often portrayed as more of a tactical power. Like a billiard's player, it's all about setting up the angles, and having to be aware of everything around your target, since, once you get really moving, the course is fixed, so to speak. (Of course, Chuck also has a Flight Ring, and can adjust his bounces on the fly, allowing him to put some impossible 'English' on his bank shots...)

Speedball was used similarly over in the New Warriors, using his powers to disorient others and set them up for 'big gun' teammates like Nova or Namorita to take down.

It's a cool power, and, to me, gives Chuck a bit of a 'working man's hero' kind of feel.

Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
EX, check the folder I just put up on FB. You'll find a portrait of My Whee Fem.

Enjoy!

My Whee Fem

[ July 12, 2012, 09:16 AM: Message edited by: Abin Quank ]

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Cool, I look forward to checking it out...

But no luck with that link, though - even logged in to FB. I think you might have the permissions set incorrectly on it or something, because I only get a "content is currently unavailable" message. [Frown]

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank

It works for me...

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Yeah, there are photo album permissions that let you share with either everybody, just your friends, or a category called "only me" that hides it from everybody but yourself. Your album probably just defaulted to that last category.

(Although why FB would have a category that lets one post pictures that nobody else can see makes no sense to me... like a lot of things on FB. [Wink] )

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Abin Quank

Okay, should be fixed.

--------------------

With a Power Ring...

Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

My Whee is GORGEOUS, Abin! Wow, wow, and wow!

Ex, I haven't read ALL your posts yet on Long Klordny, but I'm really awed at your writing style. Your voice just really shines through.

quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:

(Although why FB would have a category that lets one post pictures that nobody else can see makes no sense to me... like a lot of things on FB. [Wink] )

I imagine it helps people into illegal dealings [Razz]

--------------------

Dev - Em
KIA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dev - Em   Email Dev - Em         Edit/Delete Post     
Ex,

I absolutely loved Matlocks Columbo speak when he first shows up. Very well done.

From: Turn around... | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Thanks, Dev. I loved Columbo growing up and when I think, "rumpled detective" there's just no other voice I can hear for that character.

quote:
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
My Whee Fem

Ha-cha-cha!

I'm really looking forward to that conversation when my wife reads my story:

She - What are you doing writing romantic fiction about some cute asian girl?

Me - Oh, don't worry, hon. It's really just some fifty-something guy from Rhode Island.

She - That doesn't make it better!!!

[Smile]

--------------------

This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.