Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 28)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
quote:
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Congratulations on that one, Cru! I especially liked learning more about Psyonia and Bob the Cat, one of your great breakout characters! The whole thing brings in a nice fantasy element to counterpoint all the sci-fi and superhero stuff we've got going on. The social division and isolation among Psyonians also makes for a nice comment on our own society. Well done, Michael!

Thanks. In all fairness, I gained alot of inspiration for Psyonian society from various fantasy series that I've read over the years. I threw a few ideas together and added my own elements to the mix

I'm liking Bob more and more myself. I hadn't really intended to do much of anything with him originally, but the more I wrote him the more I liked him, and he's kinda taken on his own voice.

Hey, there are few, if any, stories that are wholly original anyway! Mostly, it's about execution. And I feel you executed really well there, Michael. I would certainly encourage you to explore Psyonia further in the future.

And more Bob's definitely a good thing!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Maybe I'll do a Bob and Piddlin Pup one-shot [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I'm currently on page 2 of Psionic Spear, and plugging away. It's hard to focus here at work, so I might just try to print it out and take it home. For some reason, people feel compelled to interrupt me when I'm at my desk [Wink]

Can't wait to hear your thoughts Cru! And those pesky co-workers...I hate when they want to talk to me!
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I can't even imagine what it must be like for you, Cobie. I'm nowhere near as legendary as you are [Wink]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Just finished MageWar, Cru!

I’ve got to say, this is one of my favorites you’ve written to date! Definitely a candidate for *the* favorite. As usual, its your use of casual dialogue between all the LMBers and company that plays up so well the easy-going friendship between them all no matter how serious the situation. Of course, you *get* Cobalt and Crujeckie better than anyone and how much underlying respect and trust there is that goes unsaid between them—I really enjoy reading your scenes with them! I also love how you use Beagz, Nighty and others, and I really like seeing Crusader in action. Its cool to think that Maxx has been a part of LMB lore for about six years (LMB time) by this point, so of course he’d be extremely good friends with the LMBers Crusader is closest to. I can just feel you smiling when I read Bob the Cat’s dialogue.

I loved how you delved into Psyonia and the various aspects of it. It really had a fantasy feel to it, and you were able to balance that well with it existing in the 31st Century as an important part of the UP. The various types of powers the Psyonians have the ability to tap into is fascinating, and I like how you’ve explained how its caused some tension and loneliness in Psyonian culture.

Which leads right into the heart of your story, with the mages and the true nature of the familiars, which I found to be an awesome twist. Especially how Bob the Cat decided to continue to serve the Royal Family, and what the familiars tap into on Psyonia. Bearath makes for a great villain, and I’m sure now he’ll be a recurring one. He reminds me of a Psyonian Voldemort…I’m really interesting in more of his story.

Also, I loved the character of Lizbet, and how connected she is to the Crujeckie/Crusader/Maxx trio. Her ongoing rivalry with Crujectra and her seemingly seductress ways will prove very interesting when she appears again.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
I can't even imagine what it must be like for you, Cobie. I'm nowhere near as legendary as you are [Wink]

Though my ego likes such stroking, I know a fellow legend when I see one! [Wink]
Yk
between boots

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yk   Email Yk         Edit/Delete Post     
Oh cool! A pinup! Please do!

I added a short piece for the PCG. With ads!

edit: btw, I decided to use the actual Legion villians as opposed to the LMBized versions since their names are less than "family friendly".

edit: D'oh! Somehow I mixed up pin up with one-shot. I have no idea how I did something like that. It's a cool idea though, I haven't seen any new art out of Cru in quite a while.

[ March 17, 2007, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: Yellow Kid ]

From: Smallville Sector : Greater Metropolis | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

I just finished reading Psionic Spear. Good stuff! Pretty epic storyline, and even though I didn't know the backstory of some of the characters (I don't often get to read some of the longer story threads), I felt that enough was explained that it got me on the same page.

Lots of stuff happening, and lots of set up for future plots, as well. And everyone got a chance to shine and take point in the story.

I feel the urge to send a certain emporer to bed without supper, though... he's a bad boy, indeed!

I think LMBP Plaza's Hall of Fallen Heroes will need to open a section devoted to fallen allies. If nothing else, it gives us a reason for more statues [Wink]

All in all, it was good stuff!

--------------------

Spellbinder
Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Oh cool! A pinup! Please do!

I added a short piece for the PCG. With ads!

edit: btw, I decided to use the actual Legion villians as opposed to the LMBized versions since their names are less than "family friendly".

edit: D'oh! Somehow I mixed up pin up with one-shot. I have no idea how I did something like that. It's a cool idea though, I haven't seen any new art out of Cru in quite a while.

Look no further than the 80 page Giant, YK. Your wish is my command (well, this time, anyways [Wink] ) I have another in mind, but we'll see [Smile]

--------------------

Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
It's catch-up week for FC at Bits. [Smile]

I loved Mage War. Spellbinder has built up a complex society for Psyonia with different power-types, gives us an interesting explanation of familiars, a magic-mystery story and, of course, some chick trying unsuccessfully to get her claws into Cobie. Fewer of the trademark Spellbinder one-liners in this story, which I've always enjoyed, but the Princess is still in full command of any situation.

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Yeah, I kinda left the zingers more for Bob this time around, thinking that maybe both of us shouldn't be smart-asses [Wink]

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Guys, I posted a story on 80PG which chronicles a vignette from when Cobalt and Lardy were at the height of their womanizing ways. I hope no one finds it offensive or misogynist. More than anything, it's a comment on how far the pair have come since then, as they are both now in monogamous relationships. And really, I tried to make it clear that they were major a-holes then, too, and there's a twist at the end to turn it back on them.

It's meant to be light, silly entertainment, but if it sounds like something you'd be offended by, I'd recommend you steer clear of it.

Later!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

I've got to say, the stories in teh 80 pager have been extremely kick-ass as of late! I hope to see more!

Tamper--Colonial Wellesley is now one of my favorite LMB supporting characters of all. I *need* to know more about his adventures. I can practically hear his voice and see his face.

Rocky--Old Dutch's origin was great! She definately had some of the best lines in Omnia, so I'm looking forward to more appearances.

YK--love, love, love seeing the Primary Colors Gang, and I liked that you used the Fatal Five. I hope we see more stories from you, especially since the 80 pager won't be closing anytime soon.

Cru--you've probably given the best explanation for the Cobie/Crujeckie relationship for those that might not understand it. I like seeing the LMB ladies interact like that too.

Lardy-- [LOL] hysterical! Truly inspired, with some literal laugh out loud moments! And it is so in tune with the traditional role of Cobalt and Lardy in tag team and LMB stories. Love the inclusion of Jose Luis Garcia Lopez, who was important part of LMB lore back in the day (and remains one of my favorite artists in real life). All this and you hinted at various things in LMB continuity too!

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Man, it was purely unintentional, but "Nothing Sacred!" works well as a companion piece to Cru's "Ventura" story!

Crujectra says, "he's sown his wild oats," and then...BOOM...we get a story that exemplifies just that! And I didn't even read Michael's story until after I posted it!

Weird, huh?

--------------------

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
More Colonel Wellesley?

I originally was going to introduce the Colonel in Omnia. Now that I have my notes back from my old computer I can present that story in 80 page giant after a bit of reworking.

Unfortunately that's all the Colonel stuff that will be told for the moment.

I have a longer Onevision (with no Colonel) I've been working on (about 65% done). Between that and the real life demands on my time it means the Colonel won't be appearing again for a while.

Now if we could commission some art of the good Colonel. [Big Grin]

From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.