Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 30)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Man, I totally would have gone to karaoke if Space Model wasn't on!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Oh grife! It's not a Space Model marathon is it? Teeds! What should we snack on?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Well, I finished my latest onevision. I must warn though, about midway through I felt tremendous writers block and only was able to finish with some private encouragement. While I'm satisfied with it, I think the middle kind of lags, so I don't love it as much as 'Spear'.

Now onwards to check out this thread Lash has started...

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

...and its hysterical already! More Lash! We need more! [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Oh grife! It's not a Space Model marathon is it? Teeds! What should we snack on?

Given the subject of the story, I really hope the answer isn't "brains".
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobie, I'm reading you backwards, with the Horn of Undoing before Psionic Spear. I particularly liked the scene with Cobalt and Princess Tarnia on Grrgg - a nice reflective bit amid all the frantic action. It was also interesting to justify the LMB as home defenders rather than participants in the war. So far, at least.... [Smile]

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Thanks FC! Hope you enjoy them! Like I said, I think Psionic Spear is up there as possibly being my finest work yet, but I do think there are some nice moments in 'Horn'. I definately wanted to make it have more action, probably because subconsciously I feel there is such a lack of it in comics today.
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Great stuff so far Lash!!!
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for the comments gang! I'll try to keep it fun, then really gross. Then fun again!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
I really enjoyed Cobie's two recent stories. Of course I always like it when another writer uses Rockhopper Lad, but I especially like how Cobie writes him, showing the strong sense of duty I try to show when I write him.

I especially liked the part when Actor Lad mumbles about the "old guard" and Rocky smiling at the comment.

Great stuff!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Thanks for the kind comments Rocky!

You know, Rockhopper Lad and Kid Marvel have been two of my favorite LMBers to write. Both featured somewhat prominently in both of my recent onevisions, and as leader and deputy leader were kind of like the 'must have' members of the roster to use. I think I've really kind of found the rhythm of both characters. I definately see Rockhopper Lad as a natural leader that is able to garner some important insight when things get 'murky'. I see Kid Marvel as brash and courageous but controlled by wisdom of Solomon. Ever since I started writing Kid Marvel in Omnia and now both prominently in these last two, I've enjoyed the characters, which is important to me, since I feel that if I focus too much on Cobalt Kid and the characters I invented that the stories lose a little bit of credibility (despite the catch 22 being that those are characters I can truly do some large changes to). It definately makes it a more enjoyable writing experience.

Similarly, I enjoy writing Actor Lad and Kent for the same reason, though I admit putting more of an effort into staying true to the characters. I particulurly like the notion that Actor Lad and Reboot don't always agree with Cobalt Kid when they're all 'in character', because I generally like to show that Cobalt Kid does things 'his' way, whether others feel its right or wrong.

Again, I'm thrilled you read and enjoyed the stories!

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
More rockin' J-Boy designs on the LMBP stuff thread... check 'em out.

What are you waiting for?

Shoo!

[Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Crujectra of Psyonia:
More rockin' J-Boy designs on the LMBP stuff thread... check 'em out.

What are you waiting for?

Shoo!

[Smile]

Lol...thanks [Smile] soon as Photobucket decides to cooperate with me again Ill upload more

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fat Cramer
Rich and flaky

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fat Cramer   Email Fat Cramer         Edit/Delete Post     
Very clever designs, Joeboy! Do you have to think about a character or does the costume just pop into your mind?

--------------------
Holy Cats of Egypt!

From: Café Cramer | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Very clever designs, Joeboy! Do you have to think about a character or does the costume just pop into your mind?

Uhm...they USUALLY just pop into my head but some take a bit of work...such as "Boaz Yakkin", who I had no idea of before I did a google search and found out that he's some hollywood producer guy, which I could find no costume ideas for. So I went with the Yazz, possibly the crappiest Justice League member next to Vibe.

Ill add notes at some point when Im bored [Smile]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.