Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 25)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Seth Gaterra
Last Son of Angtu

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Seth Gaterra   Email Seth Gaterra         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks for getting Seth back in the story (though I'm a bit surprised he rated space on the Omnia cover?) Hadn't really been able to get online during the daytime, so it's hard to coordinate storylines with anyone. I'll see what I can do for moving him along.
Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Good to see ya again, Seth!

It just goes to show that we haven't forgotten about your character as Omnia moves toward its finale! Careful reading of the last several posts make it clear the plot is unravelling, and we're heading toward a two-pronged climax. We hope that Seth will be by Helena's (and a handful of others') side as they confront the domestic threat of the Church of the Eternal Void on Legion World while the heavy-hitters of the LMB-proper will be preoccupied with a cosmic threat.

As for Joe-Boy's cover---what can I say? He must be quite taken with your character! And who's to say that one of the heroes of Invasion won't still have a chance to earn his cover billing?

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
Seth, shoot me a PM if you think you'll be able to get back to posting in Omnia, it's great to see you back!

I have Seth & Helena with my main character, Jailbait Lass, right now and have a basic idea for where I want to take them. We've (those of us still posting) created a basic outline for how the thread will end now as we race to the conclusion. By all means, jump right in, or trust that Seth will be written right! [Smile]

PS - JoeBoy's cover is BRILLANT! Joey, I also plan on having Kid Marvel have some brillant moments in the finale, so you can also trust me there [Big Grin]

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks to Cobie and Lardy for continuing this story on. As I PMed to Lardy, I'm back in this now and know exactly where the Rockhoppers are going (and, for that matter, where they've gone [Wink] ).

I look forward to the rest of this story.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Lardy, I forgot to mention in my PM--after you send it back to me (and if you post your next segment), I have a basic idea how my next 7 or so posts will go, so we can match them up exactly to make it run smoother.

Rocky, I think at this point you could probably fit them in anywhere as RLad and RLass join in.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
So is Omnia over? or is there still a plan to get it to 52 pages?

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
The story proper is over. I think the plan to get to 52 pages fell by the wayside. There are a series of epilogues that Lardy, Cobie and I have planned to tie up a few loose ends and so on. There is one that I've written that involves a rather important transition for both Rockhopper Lad and Kid Marvel. It'll be the second one.

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Yeah, Omnia is all finished! [Smile] I'm thrilled with it too--easily one of my favorite tag team, LMB story, event, etc. that I've ever been a part of, if not my absolute favorite!

A few more epilogues are planned and should be posted shortly.

Then there are a couple of ideas that we've been kicking around for follow-ups that I'll post, which you'll probably really get a kick out of Joey, and I hope you contribute art and stories! (Think 80 Page Giant [Big Grin] )...

More to follow when I'm not so busy at work! [Eek!] ...

[ January 31, 2007, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Cobalt Kid ]

Tamper Lad
With the Scarlett Faction

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tamper Lad   Email Tamper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Congratulations everyone. I look forward to seeing how it ended up.
From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't have any epilogue for anything I contributed, but the events of 52 are spinning into a OneVision that I am currently working on, which will bring in more backstory for the twins and flesh out their supporting cast a bit.

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

quote:
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Congratulations everyone. I look forward to seeing how it ended up.

Tamper, I tried my best to tie in all of your, EDE's and everyone's else's subplots (I think we hit on just about every single one in some form or another), so I think you'll be pleasantly surprised and pleased. We made sure to have Nova Girl have an important role in the end (and Tamper Lad and the EGSClub a little earlier).

I highly reccomend Omnia to all! Following a handful of epilogues, which will follow shortly (Lardy is doing the first, then Rocky, then there's room for some more), we'll move on to the next LMB project which should be lots of fun and very easy for people to contribute without being lost in a big story. Basically we're thinking one large thread along the lines of an '80 Page Giant', where each contributer would do a short story (re: a 'one-post story') featurnig a character they love, whether themselves, a gen-car, alt ID, villain, etc. Artists would be encouraged to add some art!

For example, I of course have a Jailbait Lass story planned as a follow-up to Omnia, but I also have some odd stuff I want to throw in that will set-up future stuff. But basically the thread will be one long ongoing one to encourage a larger variety of authors to contribute over time.

You know, before the next major role-play or tag team starts up unexpectedly... [Big Grin]

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Cobalt & Rocky...

Sorry I haven't written the first epilogue yet. A combination of (very mild) Omnia burnout after that end sequence and a tough week at work has delayed it a bit. I'm sure I'll post it some time between now and Monday at the latest.

Meanwhile, I would encourage anyone who's been a contributor to Omnia at some point to maybe write at least a brief character piece after the second epilogue appears showing how Omnia's events affected their characters. Heck, I'd even encourage someone who never got around to contributing to add a little something! We have a basic structure in mind for the epilogues, but there's plenty of wiggle room.

And I definitely encourage everyone to contribute to the upcoming Giant. As Cobalt said, it will be designed as a showcase for everyone to write short pieces about the LMB Universe and won't involve keeping an ongoing story straight. And it'll be FUN!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

John...love your inauguration epilogue! It was absolutely, spot-on perfect!

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Why, thank you. *blink, blink*

The memorial service scene was pretty terrific as well. [Smile]

As is the Hummer Lass sequence. I hadn't noticed that one yet when I first posted.

[ February 04, 2007, 01:33 AM: Message edited by: Rockhopper Lad ]

--------------------

Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Love, love, love the epilogues guys. Really, everything so far has been perfect. I've got two ready to go for tomorrow morning.

And I really liked how Quis' Non-Sequitor post worked in there. Very fitting and very cool.

This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.