Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The Post-Boot Original Legionnaires Wing (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The Post-Boot Original Legionnaires Wing
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
The Post-Boot Original Legionnaires ("P-BOLs") Wing will be opening December 1st (November 30th if you can't wait [Wink] ) so I just wanted to set this up early. We love brand new submissions (stories, poems, prose, novels, artwork, action figures, statues, busts, micros, etchings, etc.) but we certainly want your existing work posted in the galleries too! Come join us on December 1st for the Post-Booty slappin' action!

So many P-BOLs to choose from!
XS
Thunder
Magno
Gates
Kid Quantum II
Kinetix
Monstress
Gear
Shikari
and possibly more...?

Go here to vote for the next gallery:
Click here to vote!

Go here to view past galleries:
The Halloween Gallery
The Gim Gallery
The Substitute-Heroes Collection
The Founders' Wing
The Wing Wing
The Timberwolf Wing
The Luorno Durgo Collection
The Mano Wing

- The Curatorial Staff of the Museum of Legion Arts

[ December 02, 2004, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Bring on the P-BOLs! I did a bunch of sketches and cartoons this time cause I have so many photomanipulation projects right now I didn't have time.

First up, Kid Quantum II (whom I have a larger scan of and is begging to be colored *hint hint* [Wink] ):
 -
Then here's Magno in trouble with and XS:
 -

[ September 17, 2006, 04:00 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Good 'ol Gear:
 -
And everyone's favorite P.O.ed insectoid teleporting P-BOL, Gates:
 -

[ September 17, 2006, 04:03 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Thunder:
 -
Kinetix and Monstress fighting over an ill-fitting tube top (which clearly, would look better on Princess Crujectra anyways...):
 -

[ September 17, 2006, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, first some reposts...

I've colored two versions of XS, the first drawn by Mike Weringo, the second by Jeff Moy.

Click for fullsize image Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loser Lad   Email Loser Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Some Post-Boot Orignials mixing it up with some of the non originals.

First is Kinetix and Violet, drawn by Jeff Moy, second is Shikari and Wildfire, from Gina Robotgirl's Chibi Legion...

--------------------
The LMB Archives

From: The Loser Cave | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Finally, some new stuff, colored for this gallery. First up is Gates, drawn by Jeff Moy. I apologize in advance for the ultra-loud colors on this one. I don't know what that background's all about... [Big Grin]

Click for fullsize image

Finally, here's my version of Thunder, pencils by Matt Haley, inked by Tom Simmons. It was originally printed in Legion Secret Files and Origins #2 back in 1999. I found the black and white version of this on Haley's website, and thought I'd give it a go.

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
The LMB Archives

DrakeB3004
Even sacks of anti-energy need lovin'

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DrakeB3004           Edit/Delete Post     
These are just reposts, but I'll try to get something new up soon...
 -

-

[ December 01, 2004, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: DrakeB3004 ]

From: New York, NY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
MEL, LOVE the KidQ drawing! Thunder, too! I have a drawing of Gear that looks almost just like yours! Coming soon. The Magno cartoon is pretty cute, but Monstress and Kinetix fighting over a tube top is HILARIOUS!! Anyone can say what they want, but I miss the stuff that made people call it the Archie Legion! I suppose it would have been better if there were better adventures to go aside the silliness...

Anyway....

Lou, the colors are great, as always.

DrakeB, yes, we've seen those before, but they're just terrific!

I have some stuff coming soon...

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Thanks Sketchy! I had fun (at work) drawing those [Smile]

I really like Los' coloring, esp. on the drake/shikari toon on the all of the and use of lighting on Drake's XS.

Where's all the other contributions?!? Harbinger? Cru? Cobie? I know there's a lot more creative folks out there!

Here's an old photomanip I did of Rosario "yep, those are my boobies in Alexander" Dawson as XS:
 -

[ September 17, 2006, 04:11 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry I'm late... been kinda swamped lately.

I thought I would do a holiday pic this time, and this is what came to mind. I'm not sure how accurate Gates looks... I was kinda going from memory, and my mind isn't what it used to be [Wink]

Click for fullsize image

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

That's awesome Cru! I love it! Though if I saw Santa Gates when I was 4, I'd be scarred by Christmas for life [Gates] !
Loser Lad
Stressed

That's actually pretty dead-on for going from memory! Nice work Cru!

--------------------
The LMB Archives

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

[ December 02, 2004, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: Sketch Lad ]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loser Lad
Stressed

Here's Monkey Eater Lad's awesome Kid Quantum II pic colored.

Funny, in over 4 years since I started working with Photoshop I think this may be the first time I actually used the lens-flare filter. Not sure if I like the effect or not. It kind of kills some of the shading on the right side of her body.

Oh well. Simple solution is to post one with the lens flare and one without. So here they be...

--------------------
The LMB Archives

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.