Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Museum of Legion Arts: The L Word Wing (Leeta 87 & The Lallorians) (Page 1)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Museum of Legion Arts: The L Word Wing (Leeta 87 & The Lallorians)
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
This month's gallery wing is brought to you by the letter "L"! Welcome to the L Word Wing honoring the heroic Leeta 87 and Heroes of Lallor! The Wing is open to all residents of LegionWorld, their immediate dog-in-laws and their fourth cousins' cousins. Please join us in creating works of heroic proportions.

We love brand new submissions (stories, poems, prose, novels, artwork, action figures, statues, busts, micros, etchings, etc.) but we certainly want your existing work posted in the galleries too! Come join us all month long starting June 1st for the shindig!

Go here to vote for the next gallery:
Click here to vote!

Go here to view past galleries:

The Hate Face / Love Karate Kid Wing
The Gallery of the Legion of Super-Villains
The Chemical King and White Witch Wing
Cupid's Wing - The Couples Gallery
The WaK Wing - On Deck Circle
The Post-Boot Original Legionnaires Wing
The Halloween Gallery
The Gim Gallery
The Substitute-Heroes Collection
The Founders' Wing
The Wing Wing
The Timberwolf Wing
The Luorno Durgo Collection
The Mano Wing

- The Curatorial Staff of the Museum of Legion Arts

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey Eater Lad   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Alighty, here's the first volley:
Shawn Ashmore as Duplicate Boy and Scarlett Johansson as Gas Girl
 -
 -

More to come...

[ September 17, 2006, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

From: Alameda, CA | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
This is something I did last week in anticipation of the L Word gallery. Mind you, it was done from memory, so there might be a few inconsistancies [Wink]

Click for fullsize image

PS - great Dupe and Gas Girl, MEL!

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I have more coming soon....

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

rtvu2
here we go again....

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rtvu2   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post     
Wow! Nice MEL. Always beatiful Princess.

Hot Sketch!

From: Texas | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

The heroic Leeta 87...
 -

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Monkey Eater Lad
Gorilla Griller

Awesome work so far folks! Who's got more L folks? Here's Elijah Wood as Evolvo Lad:

-

[ March 03, 2007, 04:22 AM: Message edited by: Monkey Eater Lad ]

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
I designed this Life Lass years ago...the Vertical Stripe is supposed to make, like, overalls. or braces...
yes...braces.
Not enough superheroes wear braces.
Click for fullsize image

playing around with various costumes:
Click for fullsize image

This one speaks for itself really:
Click for fullsize image

and finally, Infusion, who attends the Legion Academy: Click for fullsize image

[I Dunno]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kid Marvel   Email Kid Marvel         Edit/Delete Post     
Click for fullsize image

Hah! take that space-time Continuum! [I Dunno]

--------------------
Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.

From: Australia | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Greybird
Brother of Dawnstar

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greybird   Author's Homepage   Email Greybird         Edit/Delete Post     
Attractive and fiery depictions thus far. The Lallorians were sadly underused in the Legion books. Every team such as the Legion needs some permanent peers who are outsiders, to give a bit of perspective and challenge to them. (The Substitute Legionnaires were, by definition, not seen as "peers." Though they should have been.)

Do we really know anything "about" Leeta 87? All I saw listed for her was that she was "an acrobatic heroine whose life was ended by slipping on a Banyo peel" (Legion.hlp) in "Adventure" 341. Any other appearances? Is it assumed that anyone buried on Shanghalla was, thus and simply, heroic?

From: Starhaven Consulate, City of Angels | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Well, here's what it said on her actual monument...
"Singlehandedly, she defeated innumerable supervillains, but one day slipped on a banyo-fruit peel, fracturing her skull, an ironic end to an illustrious career."

I chose "heroic" in my introduction for my Leeta 87 picture, because I assumed she must be heroic in order to defeat innumerable supervillains. I also assume she was very powerful. I don't assume she was very acrobatic, though, so I dispute the helpfile's description. I would think that an acrobat would be better at recovering from a slip on a fruit peel. So I assume her power wasn't related to manipulation of her own body, like acrobatics or even superstrength. It must have been something more like being able to zap with energy or she had the power to make someone feel bad about themselves and become easily defeated. Heh!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Kid Marvel
Im Joeboy. I know stuff.

I did this in class today...
Click for fullsize image

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

joeboy, as always, I love your artwork. It's great to see different characters done my you. I like that you've given Life Lass a somewhat Asian look. It totally works. I also like that you've portrayed her as looking somewhat shy. That was how she was written about in Who's Who in the LSH.

MEL, your manips are so well done!

You guys have maintained the standard that Duplicate Boy should be very good looking. I think of him as being really handsome but kinda clueless. I hope to show that when I do a picture of him. (I did one sketch already, but I don't like it....back to the drawing board!)

Cru, I like your Life Lass, but I'd really like to see your rendition of Leeta 87. I think your style would be great for her.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

-

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.