Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 12)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Numf, whenever I need to get my morning started, I read some of your Onevision. Then I laugh so hard that it's already a good day.

That is such high praise that I can't think of anything that I would rather hear.

I'm not a morning person myself, so if I can help kickstart someone elses day then my job is done.

Thank you Cobie.
I look forward to your next onevision, as well as the continued Cosmic Boy series.

K'N

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
MLlash and EDE, I know it's not done to reply in your fantastic MELT:TS thread so let me just say here that I [Love] it! You two are the Indie Rawk... of space!

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
Jeepers, 'Binger! You're a sweetie yourself, thanks for reading!

I can't believe Legion 35C is ending!! I need to get off my arse and read FUN & GAMES asap!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm behind too with my 35C reading! I actually can't wait to get a few hours and read it all [Big Grin]
From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
35C Finale - F***ing superb B. Keep it up.

If you haven't read it, I implore you to.
This is AWESOME storytelling on a cosmic scale.

P.S. that's a fiver you're owe me. [LOL]

--------------------
Hic!

From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Abin Quank
Except when I'm someone else...

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Abin Quank           Edit/Delete Post     
Belinda,

I'm actually afraid to post any comments in Finale. You are weaving a wonderful tale in that story and I just don't want to interrupt your flow.

It's beginning to read more and more like a classic EE "Doc" Smith Novel! Only on a grander, More Cosmic, scale, if that's possible...

Let's face it, B! Kimball Kinnison is a wimp compared to Dak or Kord!

And besides, there's more room for heaping piles of shameless praise over here.

--------------------
Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...

From: Westerly Rhode Island | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harbinger
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Harbinger   Email Harbinger         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm blushing guys, thanks thanks thanks [Embarrassed] [Big Grin]

Mllash and Des, whenever you are ready the threads are there for you to read. I'd love to hear your honest opinions on my little story too.

Chuck, I've never read any EE "Doc" Smith but thanks anyway. Dak and Kord space rawk 4 shoor! More developments coming for both of them
[Devil] [Big Grin]

Numf, thanks again for your praise, I'll give you the fiver when you give me those Jimmy Choos ok? [LOL]

Anyway, before this turns into a Harbinger appreciation thread (not that that would necessarily be a bad thing of course [Big Grin] ) - everyone else - why you reading this when there's a bloody great forum of unsigned talent waiting for your attention? Go enjoy it before we all get signed up and you have to pay for the priviledge [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Tempus Fugitive" the final part of the Adventures of Dream Boy series, set in the Three-Boot Universe. Read it only in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.

From: here, more often than not | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Okay, so the long-awaited (?) next chapter of "Turning Point" is finally up. But as I completed that chapter, I realized I would need to rethink the story's structure. The flashback part of the story was going so much longer than I'd anticipated that I decided "Turning Point" would have to be divided into 2 parts: Then and Now.

Part 1 tells the whole backstory, while part 2 will follow up with what happens when Lardy confronts our villain in the present. The story would drag on too long and be too disjointed as one mega-story. Separating them seems like a much better idea. And both sides of the story are equally important, so both will now get equal billing.

So that's why I changed the title and the first two chapter headings. Maybe a minor thing to you all, but I felt I had to clarify.

Thanks!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Good to hear that you're adding more to it, Lardy! I like the idea of the split too, and look forward to seeing what you have planned!

Also, I realized I have this little bit of irony. I actually have another Onevision I've written saved on my laptop, but can't post it because I don't have an internet connection to the laptop right now. Hopefully I'll get that fixed and post it. It's a quick Onevision entitled "Villians and Victims" and actually stars two minor characters from my other Onevisions, Anne (the girl from Cafe Cramer in "Price of Security") and Tarquin, one of the villians from "Journeys and Destinies".

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Sounds like fun, Des! I've gotta sit down and catch up with "Journies" when I get the chance. I remember it was still in progress when I disappeared.

Meanwhile, I'm posting a little abstract (not really a story, but kind of an introductory "Who's Who" piece) on a new character I've created---hopefully tonight. Is Legion World ready for...Lard Lass?

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Dom Deluise XXVII... [LOL]
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Actually, Cobalt, in my origin piece I wrote loooong ago (see entry in the Outpost for reference) Dom Deluise XXVII was first mentioned as Lardy's master! So I didn't JUST make it up...it's been officially in-continuity forever!

That said, this is only the second time I've ever mentioned him. And it's the first time I've ever explored anything of the workings of the Order of the Lard Knights. It's actually pretty fun! It'll also be fun to show the differences between Nakia and Lardy.

Part of my intent in introducing her is to establish that Lardy has left the LMB for an extended period of time (probably for most of our current story year---year five?). And a good way to illustrate this is to have someone take over his role and, hopefully, have her appear in tag teams and ONEVISIONS set in the "present". If continuity has Lardy referred to as missing and Nakia is participating in the adventures, it'll really help tighten that up.

--------------------

Harbinger
Advisor

HOORAY!!! MEL:TS IS BACK!!

Ring the bells and throw open your windows to cheer the coming of another great day!

[ November 26, 2004, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: Harbinger ]

--------------------

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
[Big Grin]

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
MEL:TS is back to stay!
From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.