Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 20)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Cobalt Kid
BOHICA

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobalt Kid           Edit/Delete Post     
I'm with FC--I'm so far beyond its criminal. I'm surprised Harbi hasn't stolen my shoes yet and beat me with them [Wink]

Still, knowing there is so much here to catch up on is nice.

Some thoughts:

- Lardy's "Turning Point" is excellent! Some very strong characterization and VERY intense plot. What Lardy is going through, especially the emotional ramifications is heart-breaking and horrifying. I think this might be Lardy's best work to date!

- Numf's "Sonnie & Numf..." is exactly as I thought it would be: complete over the top fun that is so enjoyable to read that my face hurts from smiling and laughing. Numf, you keep topping yourself with each post! I'm still a long ways off from your most recent updates, so I can't wait to get a few minutes to read some more!

- I miss Stealth's Imperial Guard and hope to see more of it soon!

- Abin should be punished severely...for not updating his onevision with more posts! The LMB needs to know who the villain is and what's in store for the Security Office and rest of LW! [Big Grin]

- EVERYONE should be checking out Reboot's latest posts in 21st Century Legion. The story has been building for some time, and now the excitement is as intense as ever. I also think Reboot's best writing is coming out right now and shouldn't be missed.

- Its time I set some time away and dive head first into all of Harbi's stories. Can Amber's Song be read without reading previous ones? There should always be a Harbi written story on page one in Bits!

As always, I usually post my comments on art in those specific threads...

I think that late June/July should have an all-Legion World bits week, where various stories of the last 3 years are read by new people and reread.

From: If you don't want my peaches, honey... | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkwithcrowds
Skinny wee Scottish guy

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkwithcrowds   Email walkwithcrowds         Edit/Delete Post     
I've just read the latest one vision by Crujectra.

Really enjoyed it. Cru you must have some very stange dreams - the Time Mouse Trapper?!.

I am looking forward to new episodes and will go back to read the previous one till then.

Keep up the good work.

10 out of 10

--------------------
Be lucky

From: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Lard,

Turning Point is a great read ... I got a real kick out of seeing Psychotic Beaver mentioned ...

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, Sharkie! I hope you don't mind my (re?)interpretation of the whole "shotgun" incident! Her powers and stuff were never clearly defined IIRC, so I kind of made them up for her!

--------------------
"Suck it, depressos!"--M. Lash

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
nah, I like it, I like it!

I've been kncoking around a story in my head since I started posting again, possibly involving the Beev too ... maybe once school lets out ...

[ June 15, 2006, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: SharkLad ]

--------------------

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Numf El
Waste ....... Of Space!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghost of Numf El           Edit/Delete Post     
What? Lardy's written a story with gratuitous beaver? Sounds like my kinda story!
From: Scatland | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lard Lad   Email Lard Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Keep the story coming, Sharky! I love your writing style!

--------------------

From: The Underbelly of Society | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Thanks, Lard! "Turning Point" was what got me motivated to give it a shot ...

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

High praise, indeed, Sharky!

--------------------

SharkLad
Wanderer

so, who does Jinni turn out to be?

--------------------

Lard Lad
Re-empowered!

Hell if I know!!! Guess that's up to the next poster in that thread.........

--------------------

Kent Shakespeare
Spectacled Legion

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kent Shakespeare           Edit/Delete Post     
Go Shark Lad! I admit I'm a sucker for noir, and you're doing it well.

I'm waiting for the bad cop to show up and exclaim, "You're outta your league, Sharkie!"

From: Vancouver, BC, Canada | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

thanks! I'll try to work that in ...

<splash>

--------------------

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Well I don't read many of the prose pieces here, but I have been reading Spellbinder's Shadow Held. I'm only about 6 posts in, but its quite good.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spellbinder
Founder

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spellbinder   Email Spellbinder         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks! Glad you're liking it [Smile]

--------------------
Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs

From: Penthouse atop Levitz Hall, LMBP Plaza, Embassy Row, Legion World | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.