Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy) (Page 8)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  28  29  30   
Author Topic: Future's Legion Micros (12/8: Legion Academy)
KryptonKid
Khyddae Kryptoneum

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KryptonKid   Author's Homepage   Email KryptonKid         Edit/Delete Post     
I don't remember an Emerald Andromeda, but that has to be the best of the Emerald costumes.

(Thanks again for the micro site [Smile] )

--------------------
~Integritas~

From: Bgtzl Proper | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:
I don't remember an Emerald Andromeda, but that has to be the best of the Emerald costumes.

(Thanks again for the micro site [Smile] )

I agree with you. I notice myself that those Emerald costumes work rather well on some legionnaires...esp on Andromeda, Cos, Triad,and XS.

can't wait for more Legionnaires....Shrinking Violet, Sun Boy, Lightning/Light Lass soon! [Smile]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
Beautiful... absolutely beautiful!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by KryptonKid:

Emerald Andromeda made her "imaginary" debut in Sovereign Seven + Legion of Super-Heroes #1!

As for the others, I knew I missed a few as I rushed Laurel out. I also neglected her Legion of Oz counterpart as well. Something to revisit when I do lap backs way, way, way down the line.

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Submission 16: THOM KALLOR / Star Boy

-
Top Row: Silver Age, 70s, 80s, Retroboot, Magic Wars (5YL), End of an Era (x2) / SW6
Bottom Row: Postboot Planetary Champion / Amazer / Postboot / Emerald / Threeboot (x2) / Legion Toon / Superboy's Legion

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Thank you for not including that god awful haircut with the SW6 version.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Technically, Thom's first 70s suit had the turtleneck, then the V neck, then the beard & turtleneck. I know... nit picks.

Also wondering if you'll be including a batball coach version of him - or does the 5YL version cover that?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Oh yeah, and didn't he have another look (dark boots?) during Legion of the Damned?

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I love the three based on Kitson's designs.
I'm surprised since I disliked most of the Primeboot so much!

His Planetary Champion and SW6 looks are nice, too.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Sorry, I just read your "lap backs" comment. I won't go all AR anymore!

These sets are a lot of fun to see!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
Hey, Future, do you have the S/LSH #238 which Legionnaires was dressed in different costumes....for instance, Star Boy has a green and black with a big STAR on his chest? That one I really like and it looked good on him. Same thing with Brainiac 5's wearing black and yellow stripes.

Also Star Boy's Sir Prize?

[ March 05, 2011, 03:27 AM: Message edited by: superboymddjr ]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

and heh...probably you will kill me --- how about Brainiac 5 dressing up as Prince Projectur? [Smile]
Future
The Present is Past

superboymddjr, variations like that for the more prominent Legionnaires will come later. I'm only doing what would have been their main looks for particular eras/realities. Otherwise, I'd have to spend weeks if not months on each Legionnaire just going through the past 40-50 years looking for variations. For minor or recent/retcon Legionnaires like XS or Laurel Gand there's less for me to have to mine through and it's easier for me to do more complete sets - and even then I always underestimate the number of outfits they've worn.

I intend to be thorough with all Legionnaires eventually, but it'll be when I'm all done with every major character and will have the chance to go through year by year of the Legion's vast publication history.

Future
The Present is Past

quote:
Originally posted by Sketch Lad:
Technically, Thom's first 70s suit had the turtleneck, then the V neck, then the beard & turtleneck. I know... nit picks.

Also wondering if you'll be including a batball coach version of him - or does the 5YL version cover that?

But good nitpicks! I had completely forgotten Thom had the full starfield before the V-neck. It's also an easy micro to make so I'll probably shoe-horn that one in shortly.

The coach version and others mentioned, like the slight modifications to postboot Thom's uniform after Legion Lost, I'll definitely get to one day! You got it, it'll just be when I lap back - or maybe a better term would be a Phase 2 for everyone.

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I like 'lap back'!
It's descriptive and unique.
Like you.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 30 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  28  29  30   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.