Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic) (Page 35)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  58  59  60   
Author Topic: Critic's Corner (post here about any fanart or fanfic)
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Just thought I'd mention that I'm really enjoying the recent bumping of older Bits threads. In particular, it seems like Candle is having a lot of fun with the inspirational posters with Top Model imagery. Thanks Candle!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

I know I don't need to bump a stickied thread, but I do want to ditto my above post! [Smile]

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
I know I don't post in this forum often (no way near as much as I should)...But I have to agree with Sketchy and give Kudos to Cnadle for bumping up and bringing new interest to so many threads in this forum.
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks guys, I really appreciate your kind words.

The truth is, all it takes is a prematurely retired artistic teacher type who hasn't got a clue what to do with herself while she waits to see if she will get disability rulings.
sigh

I'm just happy that I found someplace wonderful to play at my own pace and with so few limits that effect my point of view and creativity!
[Hug]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
The comments by Yk [snif!] and others on this thread made me think of virtgrad's "Shattered Illusions (G)", one of the better fanfics I've ever read about how Superman might have regarded his teammates in the Legion. It has elements of the various cartoon series in it, but you don't need to know them well to enjoy the story.

Recommended. [Cool]

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sketch Lad
Advisor

Thank you Drake for updating a good handful of Museum exhibit with your work!!!

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Set
There's not a word yet, for old friends who've just met.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
Here to self-pimp The Last Stand of the Fatal Five before it falls off of the page!
Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MLLASH           Edit/Delete Post     
As Set's # 1 fan, I highly recommend it!!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

Mattropolis

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mattropolis   Author's Homepage   Email Mattropolis         Edit/Delete Post     
hmmm, I may have to revisit the "Dannyverse" sometime soon....

--------------------
Touch the magic...

From: Morganfield, KY | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Please do!

--------------------
Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Is that a new SET story I see?

--------------------

Set

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Set   Author's Homepage   Email Set         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Is that a new SET story I see?

Indeed. I couldn't just let the name 'Laser Ape' sit around, now could I? Not after so much fun with Saucy Jones.

Next up on the to-do list, could it be, Leeta 87?

Or not. Ideas still are super-colliding in my brain pan. I could write an entire 12 issue mini-series about Saucy Jones, and I'd probably need seperate 4 issue arcs for her adventures with the Secret Society of Super-Villains and the League of Naughty Space-Vixens!

MLLASH
bite into the all-caps

Ummm, then WHAT IS STOPPING YOU, MAN?!?! [Smile]

I've been up ALLLLLLLL night and don't feel like I can ready the new tale with the attention it deserves right now, but you KNOW I'm going to, and soon! [Smile]

--------------------

Set

quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
[QB] Ummm, then WHAT IS STOPPING YOU, MAN?!?! [Smile]

My brain is stuck on thoughts of Leeta 87, so that goes before any further exploration of Saucy Jones.

Speaking of Leeta, I'll post those (non-story!) thoughts now.

lil'rhino
I love everybody & you're next!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lil'rhino   Author's Homepage   Email lil'rhino         Edit/Delete Post     
I just read the Princess Pain tryout story Set, and my mind is reeling just like Gigi's!!
Your descriptive prose is crisp & concise and your characters are so three-dimensional, they leap up off the computer screen at me!!
Simply incredible stuff!!

[ July 10, 2010, 02:14 AM: Message edited by: lil'rhino ]

From: elizabeth,nj | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 60 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  58  59  60   

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.