Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Monitor Board Symbols (Page 6)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: LMB Monitor Board Symbols
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by He Who LSHes:

-

[LOL]

Love it!

When I first saw it, I thought you had me wandering around on a pogo stick! But either that or a cane is fine. [Big Grin]

I also love how you worked in "HWW". Very clever.

Thanks, Ex.

You know those negative space pics where you at first see a vase, then two faces, and afterward you just can't unsee the second image?

When I was doing this one, it had sort of a somber feel to me - this solitary guy wandering across the land with his staff... but, now, I totally keep seeing the pogo stick thing.

[LOL]

Too funny! I should have tried to angle the path backward more but, clearly, diminishing perspective isn't my strong suit.

Really glad you like it, though!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

A couple quick updates as our cinematic duo prepares to take the LMB story to the silver screen. We have Actor Lad and Director Lad:

-
 -

Next up: A couple of detectives track down the "Case of the LMB Enigma"

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

Before the next round, I think we've had enough updates to warrant another group shot:

-

Looking pretty good... though I do need something to break up the similar shapes of Mystery Lad and Nighty. Where is "My Whee Fem" when I need her?

42 down... 90 something to go! And, as yet, there's no Sharky or Sarky or Peebs... oh my! We've got a whole clan worth of Quanks... and I don't know about you, but I've yet to see a sign of a certain nelly cap. Jillikers!

Should be a fun couple of weeks. [Smile]

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
how about adding the "BamF" to Nightcrawler? just a black cloud Bamf! ? thats more fit to the Night's character. whenever I have some conversation with friends, I tend to say "that NC Bamf then Bamf then Bamf" (I am speaking in ASL, [Smile] , which signifies NC's teleportation power.) How about that? That would set both NC and Mystery Lad apart.
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Yeah, I'm thinking you're right (Set had mentioned something like that earlier as well). I think the tail works well, but perhaps a cloud at the bottom of it.

Seeing them all lined up, there are actually a few revisions I'll probably make later:

-The Interlac logos for myself and Varalent, although actually scaled the same as any other, still look overly huge when seen side by side because of their blockiness. I think I'll make them smaller.

-Rhino should be smaller as well. It is a good logo, but he is " lil' " Rhino, after all.

-The borders on Saturn Girl and Shady are actually messed up - I accidentally added them when viewing it at 150% as opposed to 100 and misjudged.

-Novelty is canted slightly counter-clockwise and should be straightened (it's probably not that noticable, but I can totally see it).

-And the center of Lash's whip really bothers me.

Ah... OCD. [Wink]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
If you're revising some anyway, it may be easier to work with this streamlined rockhopper logo that Sketch Lad made.

This is absolutely one of the coolest threads I've seen here in a long while! Great job, Ex! [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:

-And the center of Lash's whip really bothers me.

Ah... OCD. [Wink]

...giggle....at least I am not the only one who think something else...giggle. [LOL] [tease]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

quote:
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
If you're revising some anyway, it may be easier to work with this streamlined rockhopper logo that Sketch Lad made.

That is sleek! Sketchy is really the man. The next time I do a group shot, Rocky, I'll convert that into this format for you.

For now though, we take a look at a mysterious LMBer and the two most likely to be able to track him down. We have C J Taylor (AKA Enigma), Legion Tracker, and Matlock:

-
 -
 -

I'll be honest, I don't really know CJ (but as his LMB name is Enigma, I suppose that's appropriate), so the approach I was going to take was to just try to tie his symbol into the Enigma encryption machine from WWII. That turned out to be not very graphic friendly, so I then tried a different approach, playing around with different arrangements of question marks. In doing so I noticed that if you turn a question mark upside down and then reflect it back on itself it seems to suggest the letters... C and J! Coincidence?!?! Somehow... I don't think so. [Wink]

For Legion Tracker I used a compass rose pointing to... well... Legion. [Smile] Looking at it now, it looks a lot like Dawnstar's headband symbol, so, hey... doubly appropriate for a tracker.

For Matlock I was going to use the logo for the Andy Griffith version of the character, but that was a bit boring, so I added a sort of Carmen Sandiego magnifying glass. A little bit hokey... yeah... but I think it looks nice.

Rocky's link above put me in this mindset, so up next: We take a look at some of the sketchier LMB members.

--------------------

Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
... I always thought 'lil' Rhino meant big Rhino actually ....
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

... wait... are you saying the "horn" he's talking about is actually...

<slowly dawning awareness>

Ohhhhhhhhh! [Smile]

OK, up next, three of Legion Worlds best artists, Drake B 3004, Monkey-Eater Lad, and Sketch Lad:

-
 -
 -

Drake and M-E each use logos of their own design. Drake's is obviously a modified Wildfire logo used in his avatar, and M-E's is a combo of Pacman going after Paul Frank's Julius the Monkey character.

For Sketchy I really wanted to use the M.C. Escher drawing hands, but based on previous attempts to do this style using more than three layers, I didn't have much hope. It shouldn't have worked... I don't know why it worked... but, damn... I'm so glad it worked!

Next up: It's about time.

--------------------

Raging Bull
Maverick

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raging Bull           Edit/Delete Post     
Very nice.

--------------------
♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦

From: The open range | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

hey I just got a new avatar!!! and hey Ex - those are great!!!! Love that Sketch Lad symbol!
Exnihil

Thanks again, everyone!

Just a note - These symbols are just my take on your characters, based only upon what I know of you here. If anyone likes this style, but would like to see something other than what I came up with, just shoot me a note and I'll gladly give it a second shot (or heck, a third even). I just like messing around in PhotoShop. [Smile]

So, tonight's update travels even farther ahead as we get two similarly named LMBers, Future and Future King:

-
 -

I debated on how best to represent Future, until I found a pretty cool piece of clip art, modified here (and with a more appropriate time for Legion fans added as an Easter Egg).

Since I didn't want Future and Future King to be too similar, the latter is just me being incredibly cheeky. [Wink]

Next up: I'm actually out of pocket tomorrow night for a concert (U2!) so I'm only going to post one new symbol tomorrow, but it is appropriately themed.

[ August 24, 2011, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------

Sketch Lad
Advisor

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sketch Lad           Edit/Delete Post     
Awesome project! Thank you, Ex.

--------------------
STARSEARCHERS WEBCOMIC

Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Thanks, Sketchy!

As mentioned above, today will be a light day for updates as I give the computer a rest.

Don't worry, though, I'll:

-

Reboot it again tomorrow.

Up next: The LMB - Swimsuit edition

(I've gotta get this one out there before Comicon, or a certain selachimorphic fellow might just tear me to shreds. [Smile] )

--------------------

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.