Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Monitor Board Symbols (Page 9)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: LMB Monitor Board Symbols
Eryk Davis Ester
Created from the Cosmic Legends of the Universe!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eryk Davis Ester           Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by MLLASH:
Ex, you do a damn FINE impression of old Doc M... Hmmmmmmmmmm.

It's definitely giving credence to one of my long-held theories... [Hmmm?]

Loving the symbols!

From: Liberty City | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
...aaaand we're back!

This time out we look at our two plant-based LMBers: Cleome and Suddenly Seymour:

-
 -

I had a really tough time with cleome (I even posted an earlier version, only to delete it after stewing about how bad it looked.) She suggested going with an Interlac "C" entwined with plant vines, so that's what I went with. I still used a cleome at the focal point in the lower right, but it really is a difficult flower to represent. If the LMB ever gets rebooted, I'm hereby mandating that cleome is "re-imagined" as like "Daisy" or "Tulip". [Smile]

Seymour, on the other hand, is, of course, the Audrey Two from "Little Shop of Horrors" and, I don't at all mind saying, is pretty badass.

Next up: So, since this time we saw our "green" teammates... next we give equal time to the "red".

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jerry
active

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jerry   Email Jerry         Edit/Delete Post     
Audrey Two is now my official favorite. Bravo!

--------------------
No regrets, Coyote.

From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Two awesome symbols for two awesome Legion Worlders! Great job, Ex!

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
cleome's is just beautiful!
And, SS's perfectly funny.
Excellent workmanship and ideas.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Thanks for the nice words, everybody!

Today we've got three LMBers who will have you seeing red: Crymsun Kid, Dave Hackett (also known as Rouge), and - because it wouldn't be a Legion without a traitor - our old turncoat, the Red Bee:

-
 -
 -

For Crymsun, I tossed around a couple idea (Crimson Tide, King Crimson) before finding something on the web claiming that the name, "Crymsun" signifies "bloodshed". Personally, I think that might be a bit dubious but, eh, any port in a storm. I used a swipe from the chest logo of the most recent incarnation of the Crimson Avenger from JSA.

For Dave, I thought of tying his Rouge name to the "Moulin Rouge" and maybe using a windmill... it's French... he's a big music fan... but decided that was too much of a stretch. Instead, I just kept it simple and went with the chest logo of the character he uses as an avatar, the "Legends of Dead Earth" Wildfire.

And for the Bee, uber-simple... but I think uber-effective, too. There is something about the combination of the size and repitition of the honeycomb pattern that just says "menance" to me. It suggests both a single minded efficiency and looming threat. How could the LMB not know he would betray them?

Up next:

"Hey! You totally forget one of the "red" ones!"

"I didn't forget her, I just thought she would be better grouped in a whole "Next Generation" LMB thing. It's the next one up, and you're in it, too."

"Right... I'm so sure."

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
I'm like, so totally sure.

Totally.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suddenly Seymour
Don't feed the plant!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Suddenly Seymour   Author's Homepage   Email Suddenly Seymour         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:
 -

Seymour, on the other hand, is, of course, the Audrey Two from "Little Shop of Horrors" and, I don't at all mind saying, is pretty badass.

Squee! That's awesome. And, yes, pretty badass.

--------------------
Geek Watch

From: Standing beside you in Ferndale, MI | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cleome46
or you can do the confusion 'til your head falls off

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cleome46   Email cleome46         Edit/Delete Post     
Don't get me wrong now. I like my symbol very much, but...

Click Here For A SpoilerI'm kinda' jealous of Seymour's gorgeous mouth...

--------------------
Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on flickr. Drop by and tell me that I sent you.

From: Vanity, OR | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

So... what's the over/under on how long it takes that phrase to earn its own "101 Things" thread over on the MMB? This can't end well...

Really glad you guys like your symbols... if I can make just one LMBer "squee," I feel I've done my job. [Smile]

So, next, we've got the LMB: The Next Generation. These are the younger posters on Legion World who are the last, best hope for a shiny tomorrow... no... sorry... couldn't keep a straight face on that one. [Wink]

Among our youth brigade in the LMB we've got: Karie, Kid Flash 2 Fan, Red Arrow (aka Emily Sivana) and, of course, Sarcasm Kid:

-
 -
 -
 -

Although Karie's been around for longer than I, I actually know very little about her. I do know she's from New Zealand... and once sported a fez at a Morrocan-themed birthday but, unfortunately, fezzes don't hold up well to Photoshop embossing (trust me, I tried). So, instead Karie gets a Southern Cross to represent her flip-side-of-the-globedness.

KF2F is a fantastic artist who really needs to start posting more of her gorgeous work. For her name choice, she gets a Bart Allen emblem all her own.

For Emily, I wanted to represent a couple aspects of her character - the fact that she's an archer, and the familial link to the Power of Shazam. I'm not sure if this comes across (I can see it, but I drew it so I'm biased) but her arrowhead in this design is the Shazam lightning bolt. I think that detail might get lost when I reduce it for the group shots.

And for Sarky, I sort of went back and forth on what I wanted to do (I was thinking maybe like a curse substitute that you see in comics, like "#$!*%" or something, but that seemed too crass). Then I happened to stumble across a T-shirt design explicitly for "Sarcasm" and that was all she wrote. It's totally stolen, but I don't think I could have come up with a better one than that. I did change the light source from the upper left that I usually use on these to directly above to try to give the illusion of a forward head tilt (sort of a Giffen-shadow thing).

Up next: So we met the New Kids... now it's time for the Almost But Not Quite New Kids (or the ABN-QNKs, if you're into that whole brevity thing.)

--------------------

Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
I echo how great Seymour's symbol is and I love that you're still rolling this project along, Ex. Keep at it! It's pretty inspiring.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emily Sivana
Ask Question Lad

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Emily Sivana   Email Emily Sivana         Edit/Delete Post     
It's really pretty and gets the points across. I really put alot of heart and effort into designing the character, even if most of the information just sits in my notes. Thank you for the symbol.

--------------------
Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb

From: Illinois | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Yay! Thank you! I love it.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Never commented when you posted it, but mine looks good.

Great work on all the new ones since then too

From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Thanks, deddy! (BTW how much longer until it's really "daddy"?)

Yours is actually one I am going to slightly redo, though. I used the clone tool too much on the bottom, and it wound up looking a little too thin and ripple-y.

Thanks also to Future, Emily, And Sarky. I'm really glad you guys are enjoying this project. I started out to do just the top 100 and a few others... but it looks like the final count will come in around 140.

--------------------

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.