Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Monitor Board Symbols (Page 10)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: LMB Monitor Board Symbols
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
bit less than 3 months (she's due oct 24th)
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Invisible Brainiac
Unseen, not unheard.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Invisible Brainiac           Edit/Delete Post     
It's wonderful seeing all these icons together, exnihil. Great work!

--------------------
Loss: How does the galaxy cope w/o the Postboot Legion?

Titans Idol - vote for your favorite Titans members!

From: Wouldn't you like to know? | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, IB (and huge congrats, again, deddy)!

So I was going to do full set of the Quank clan all at once, but after realizing how many characters that entails, I think I'll pepper them throughout the remainder.

First up are a matched set of tiny killers, the "Hit Girl" and "Deadly Little Miho" of the LMB - Everyday Girl and My Whee Fem:

-
 -

Each of their logos use their weapons of choice - the 9mm Berettas for EG and the butterfly knives for My (opened to suggest an "M").

I tried to angle the two in a similar fashion, so they would act as a nice matched pair.

Up next - It's time to turn your head... and cough.

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Two more, as we get our checkup with the medical personnel of the LMB: Doctor One and Sam Pureheart:

-
 -

Sort of straightforward for each, as each uses slightly modified existing medical symbols.

Dr. One is the caduceus with the truck removed to form an Interlac "1" on top (even though any reasonable person would say that an Interac "1" should be two circles. [Smile] )

And Everyday Girl's EMT boyfriend, Sam, just uses the existing EMT symbol, with the serpent replaced by an Interlac "S".

Up next - OK, I've got 91 down, so that will make a nice 7 x 13 group shot. I'm going to take a couple of days and do some fixes on the ones I've done so far (as well as a requested revision), then the group shot... then, full speed ahead to the finish line!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Exnihil

Note to Candlelight - when you get a moment, could you delete some of your PM messages? I have a couple new versions of yours for you to pick from, but your mailbox is full.

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
Sorry, Ex.
[Frown]
Done.

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bicycle Repair Man
Deputy

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Bicycle Repair Man   Email Bicycle Repair Man         Edit/Delete Post     
Wait, what? I'm still in the Top 100?!

{checks Mission Monitor Board}

Wow ... I am ... *and* ... there are still people in the Top 100 with fewer than 1,000 posts ...

... slackers ...

From: Monty Python's Flying Circus | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Hiya, BRM... long time, no see!

Before we get to the group shot, although I did do a bunch of little fixes (annotated at the bottom) I completely redid two of them, so I figured they should get the full size treatment: Future King And Nightcrawler:

-
 -

I wasn't happy with the original FK one - I was going for the "Checkers' promotion, when a piece will one day be a "king', but I think it was to small to be effective (I actually had to use just a quarter of the checker board for it even to show up). So in the revision, I kept that idea - but abstracted it, removing the board and blowing up the regular and king pieces.

The original Nightcrawler was actually the 2nd one of these I ever did and I was still learning some tricks. As a result, it was somewhat simplistic (a blended question mark/arrow combo). Now that I have gotten a little more adept in this program, if anyone deserves the "deluxe" treatment, it's Nighty. Thanks to Set and Superboymmdjr for encouraging me to redo it... I think this one is like 100 times better.

So now... group shot time:

-
 -

Apart from the new logos for Future King and Nightcrawler, I also made the following fixes:

- Standardized the light source on Beagz and Lightning Lad
- Redid the Dedman logo to make it a bit more crisp and consistent
- Fixed the too-dark shadows on DrakeB3004
- Finally fixed the center of Lash's whip to make it more circular and distinct
- Reduced the scale of Mystery Lad to be more consistent
- Increased the scale of Novelty and straightened it out

The ones I might revise after seeing them here:

- I think I might knock out the backing part of Kid Flash 2 Fan
- Jim Gallagher - I think it's a little too simplistic and I could do it more effectively
- I think the borders on Matthew E might be too dark
- I do have a new one for Candle in the hopper as well, but I want to give her the first look before posting it.

So... whew!

Up next - Back tomorrow as we start with again with the new ones (haven't picked a theme yet so it'll be a surprise to both of us.) [Smile]

[ August 24, 2011, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
admittedly, our MB is far more superior to the Legion's MB! for a shameless plug, yeah! [Smile] you did a great job on Nightcrawler's and Future King's! much better than the original ones. [Hug]
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

OK, because I hadn't picked a theme for today, I decided to ask myself, WWMWD? (What Would Mort Weisinger Do?)

Since "Exploit Jim Shooter" wasn't really an option, I went with the next best thing, "Make up an L L". Today we've got a pair of 12th letter LMBers, with The Labradorian and Lone Wolf Legionnaire:

-
 -

I've only ever run across the Labradorian in TV show threads, but looking at his posts, it's clear he's a Canadian with a capital "CAN" (wait... what?) His logo here is the flag design for Newfoundland and Labrador, but rotated for a better symmetry (I apologize in advance if this does anything to threaten the uneasy truce between Legion World and Canada).

Lone Wolf Legionnaire is an old DCMB buddy of mine who also posts on LW. His logo here is simply the chest logo of Brin Londo from his first appearance as "Lone Wolf". We have another one coming down the line later that uses the Timber Wolf version.

Up next: Domo Arigato, Mr... Miss... and Ms. Roboto

--------------------

Exnihil

It's time now to pay tribute to those LMB members who dream of electric sheep (as opposed to just regular sheep, like Cobalt Kid), the A.I.s amongst us - Giant Robotic Lesbian, Gigglebot Girl, and Professor H-0011 (profh0011).

-
 -
 -

GRL was easy, needing to capture the fact that she's... well... giant, robotic, and lesbian. I scaled the lesbian logo to the border to make it larger when compared to all the others, and made it riveted...for her pleasure. (OK...that was bad... just pretend I never said that.)

Gigglebot Girl, Faraway Lad's main squeeze, is not actually a robot, but a girl to whom a group of nanobots have permanently bonded, but close enough for me. The headshot here is actually the design of artist Scott Reed, from whom Faraway commisioned an LMB comic years ago. (Seriously cool ...Check it out)

And for Prof I made a forward facing version of the robot he uses for an avatar (the source for which, I'm afraid I don't know... it kind of reminds me of "Conky" from Pee Wee's Playhouse in that sort of boxy robot way, but that's not it.)

After I started writing this, I realized I totally forgot to do LMB member, Mechana. I'll pick her up in a later wave.

Next up: The LMB gets a touch of class (No... it's not a hoax... why would you ask such a thing? [Wink] )

--------------------

Candlelight
A forever cadet!

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Candlelight   Email Candlelight         Edit/Delete Post     
I espedially love the look of the Labradorian flag can and the marionette feel of Gigglebot Girl!
[Yes]

--------------------
'In the twinkling of an eye'
I'll be dancing in the sky!

Come, join me!

From: Salem, Oregon USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Thanks, Shady. BTW - I have your new one finished and I'll post it as bonus one during the next round.

But now it's time to class it up a bit, as we hit the town with two LMBers always dressed to the nines: Thriftshop Debutante and Zardi, the Eternal Man:

-
 -

It is one of my bigger Legion World regrets that my posting paths don't cross those of Thriftshop Debutante more often... but we apparently post in different circles. That being said, I've always thought Teeds had the absolute best name on this board. Everytime I see it, it makes me think of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's - the mix of elegant and down to earth at the same time. I was going to go the whole route of including Holly Golightly's tiara, sunglasses, cigarette holder, and necklace in this one, but once I did the necklace I was like... nope... I got it.

For Zardi - straightforward - I used his hat and walking stick from his golden-age comics appearances. Simple, but quite nice, in a sort of Mandrake the Magician way.

Up next - We're now up to 98 of these, so that means the next round will cross the century mark. For quite a few waves now, I've been dipping below the Hot 100 mark, but to celebrate the milestone, next round will have no fewer than 5 posters - all from the top 100.

Who gets the coveted 100th symbol? We will find out by Friday... barring, of course, any major calamities. [Wink]

[ August 10, 2011, 09:10 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------

superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
oh absolutely LOVE that Teeds' symbol!

100th symbol? EDE's? hee hee...hope his power wont cause your Mission Monitor Board collapse! [Wink]

From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thriftshop Debutante
Terrifyingly On-Topic.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thriftshop Debutante           Edit/Delete Post     
As a teleporter, I am, of course, Traveling.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.