Legion World   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | calendar | games | clips | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Legion World » LEGION OUTPOST » Bits o' Legionnaire Business » LMB Monitor Board Symbols (Page 7)

- Hyperpath: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: LMB Monitor Board Symbols
Viridis Lament
Cenobyte. Cthulhu. God.

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Viridis Lament   Author's Homepage   Email Viridis Lament         Edit/Delete Post     
Really great designs Ex, you really knocked it out of the park
From: Fort McMurray | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
superboymddjr
Quiet member

Icon 1 posted      Profile for superboymddjr   Email superboymddjr         Edit/Delete Post     
way way out of the park...more likely out of TWO Parks!
From: Hayward, CA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil
back in black (and white)

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exnihil   Email Exnihil         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks, guys!

Well it's a sunny day today, so let's bike down to the beach, do a little surfing, a little girl watching, and a little boating... wait a minute... what's that?

Uh, oh. We're gonna need a bigger boat.

Today's updates are Bicycle Repair Man, Hot Chick, Mine Surfer, Shark Lad, and Sonnie:

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

I don't know Sonnie, but I do know that he uses his own painting of a reclining Buddha as his avatar, so I used a Buddhist dharma wheel, which also serves as a sort of a play on words as its shape suggests a sun to me.

BRM is fairly self explanatory - a bike with a first aid logo - as is Mine Surfers - a surfboard with the old "minesweeper" smiley.

I don't know the full story of Lardy's character Hot Chick, but I think there might be some evil lurking there, so I like how the bikini almost looks like a slightly evil smile.

And Sharky... well... if I gotta tell you. [Wink]

Up next: In honor of the expectant dad at the top of this page, and the impending reboo... er... relaunch... we meet, "The LMB Dark".

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Future
The Present is Past

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Future           Edit/Delete Post     
Terrific project, Exnihil! Very inspired designs here. Thanks for the monitor board symbol.
Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SharkLad
Wanderer

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SharkLad   Author's Homepage   Email SharkLad         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
Originally posted by Exnihil:

-

Looks like I've got my next t-shirt design...

Seriously awesome, Ex! Just perfect!

This whole series is amazing!

--------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

From: The waters off eastern Long Island | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
Shark Lad's is awesome, and I really like the sinister bathing suit,I totally saw a smirk the first time I saw it.
From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Thanks, guys. Can't really take much credit for Sharky's as the movie poster image is pretty much the definition of iconic, all I did in my redrawing is just widen and give a little more symmetry to ol' Bruce's smile.

Well, I see by the clock that's it's after midnight, and that's when the ghouls and goblins of the LMB come out to prey. So run for your lives, here comes Blacula, Dedman, Ghost of Numf-El, and RTVU2 (known on occasion as Count Vudoo).

-
 -
 -
 -

Blacula's is a retooled bit of the poster for the 70's flick, "Blacula" (what else?)

Deddy's is a reworked version of the original DC Deadman logo into an Interlac version. I know interlac shouldn't be hollow, but as a solid it looked like nothing but a rippled blob

I don't know who Numf-El is, but I assumed that even a Kryptonian ghost would still wear a headband. That little Pacman fellow's band is also topped with a Kryptonian "N".

Again, I'm not familiar with rtvu2, but I do know from LMB history that he was called Count Vudoo and ran a place called the Vudoo Lounge, so I thought him a good fit with our other horror-themed members.

Up next: Let's hear it for the boys!

--------------------
See Here for the latest update on the 2013 Chicago Gathering (now including tentative attendance list)

Shining Son
oversexed young adult

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shining Son   Email Shining Son         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:
I don't know who Numf-El is, but I assumed that even a Kryptonian ghost would still wear a headband.

I do recall the ghost of (pre-Byrne) Jor-El having a headband when he got a cover. So yeah, Kryptonians don't seem to change outfits when they die, only when rebooted.
From: Manhattan, NY | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

^ [Smile]

Boys will be boys. Doubly so if they're in the LMB. Today we've got: Blockade Boy, Lad Boy, Portfolio Boy, Power Boy and Star Boy:

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

Star Boy is a direct LSH lift.

For Portfolio Boy, I went with a little artistic license and actually based it off a briefcase (but at least it was a Ralph Lauren briefcase. Stay classy, LMB. [Wink] )

For Lad Boy I like the double male symbol, but it looked very odd facing the same way (like the symbol was pregnant with a baby symbol) so I flipped the little one to try to balance it.

I had the same problem with my original Blockade Boy that I had with my own (too substantial and blocky) so I tried to vary it up a bit with more of a fence-type blockade.

And for Peebs, I wanted to suggest both his name (in the form of like an atom, or a nova) and at the same time his origins (from Apokolips). The problem is that, for me at least, "Kirby Krackle" is a monster to do. I must have redone those rings like 10 times, and I still don't think I got it entirely. I think those pocky energy lines that Kirby did must work best as a flat effect, and the embossing here makes it seem odd. Let me know what you think, Peebs. If you don't like it I can try something different.

Next up: Are you guys twins?

--------------------

Exnihil

Note to Rocky:

I tried to reply to your PM, but it said your box was full. Long story short, though: "Absolutely, will do!" [Smile]

--------------------

Rockhopper Lad
Kills Threads Dead

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rockhopper Lad   Author's Homepage   Email Rockhopper Lad         Edit/Delete Post     
Thanks! I've deleted some old PMs. I look forward to seeing it when the time comes. [Big Grin]

--------------------
The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."

From: The Pyngwyn Colonies of Planet Hyustyn | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legion Tracker
Veteran

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Legion Tracker           Edit/Delete Post     
How have I not seen this thread until now??? This is great fun, and Ex, I'm impressed with your design ideas!

--------------------
"Been killed--didn't like it." (Duplicate Damsel, Legion of Super-Heroes #10)

From: Groga | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exnihil

Thanks, LT!

OK, two quick ones before bed. Two remarkably similar LMB members and only one good arm between 'em. We've got both Arm Fall Off Boy and Arms Fall Off Boy:

-
 -

Up next: Who are three LMBers who have never been in my kitchen?

[ July 16, 2011, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: Exnihil ]

--------------------

Sarcasm Kid
Bring Back Lian Harper

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarcasm Kid   Author's Homepage   Email Sarcasm Kid         Edit/Delete Post     
Well, me.

--------------------
I want to be hated by lies
-
Bring Back Lian Harper

Join the movement
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=373120795632&ref=mf

From: Bronx, NY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Power Boy
Kick Nass Leader

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Power Boy   Author's Homepage   Email Power Boy         Edit/Delete Post     
quote:

-

It rules !!! I keep staring at it ....

I like how it functions as different effects, energy, circle (like PG), boom tube, some sort of galaxy or solar system graphic ...

[ July 17, 2011, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Power Boy ]

From: Ninja Land | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  17  18  19   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Legion World

Legion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.